Here is our Second Episode of “Top Shelf Video”, here is another great music Video put out by the Band PUP (formerly Topenga) It is a great video! Check out our “insights” above and then watch this GREAT video below!
This week we feature 8 local (for the most part) stores or services that YOU should check out!
First, Guitar shops, sure Long and McQuade is great but if you are into acoustic guitars we have just the place for you: “BrickHouse”
Second, Worth a Second Look has a bunch of great used stuff. We could spend hours in there looking for old treasures!
97 Victoria St N, Kitchener, ON N2H 5C1
Third, Total Auto Service! These are the only people I trust with my car! They will tell you what needs to be done and doesn’t give you extra unnecessary crap. Their prices beat every other place we have used!
Fourth, The Blind Stitch. If you don’t want to have the same stuff as everyone else then check out The blind stitch. They make awesome sewn products and you can read a story behind various items that were just created
This one is obvious living here in the Waterloo region: Blackberry (formerly RIM) Even as they went through some tough times they still supported the community, including SoundFM and now that their products are AMAZING! go pick one up!
For our less Glutenous Mano Amigo’s we have Grandma’s Gluten Free Goods. I had one of these cupcakes at DJ Adrock’s house and even if you enjoy gluten…its worth it to be healthier and eat these cause they taste sooo good!
Second lastly, Start Communications. Unsatisfied with what some of the big named companies provide? These guys offer rates that are the exact same….only thing is, you get WAY more for the same rate! check them out here:
and Lastly but not leastly, Mastermind Toys. This is a chain but has a small business feel to it. They have great selection and good prices! Check em out!
If you have other great local buisnesses please send them to: email@example.com so that we can check them out and tell the community about these great places!
Welcome, I am your host Julian Ichim and you are listening to The Daily GRRR!International Solidarity News on 100.3fm, CKMS in Waterloo, Ontario. Soundfm.ca on the web, today is October 8th, 2014.
We are broadcasting from the centre of the Haldimand Tract, the occupied Grand River Territory of the Six Nations (Haudenosaunee).
The Daily GRRR! is a project of the Grand River Media Collective; and is supported by the Community Radio Fund of Canada and CKMS.
Today’s feature is a discussion on the …read more
From:: Daily GRRR
The Electrifying Sessions set list for Tuesday, Sept. 30/2014 . Tune in Every Tuesday from starting @ 10pm
- Thom Yorke – A brain in a bottle
- Rubblebucket – Pain from love reprise
- Del Bel – The Rain
- Del Bel – Christmas in Prison
- Del Bel/Adverteyes – Slave to the Deep
- Adverteyes – Open Wide
- Freshsnow – Saturation Complete
- Life in Vacuum – Van Life
- The Unicorns – I was born (a unicorn)
- Royal Canoe – Just Enough
- Chad VanGaalen – Cutt off my hands
- Wax Mannequin – End of me
In the lineage of “Down The Alley” parties, the ex-owner of “Down the Alley” threw a new party at a new secret location in the Waterloo area that was even more remarkable. Including the re-forming of a few local bands, a rave, food, drink, you name it….it was at Wed-Dig. DJ AdRock and I were lucky enough to be invited and so we had to battle out great tracks pertaining to this event.
Welcome, I am your host Dan Kellar and you are listening to The Daily GRRR! on 100.3fm, CKMS in Waterloo, Ontario. Soundfm.ca on the web, today is Tuesday October 7th, 2014.
We are broadcasting from the centre of the Haldimand Tract, the occupied Grand River Territory of the Haudenosaunee (Six Nations).
Today’s feature is an interview is from Annie Clair presented by the Halifax Media Co-op with Miriam Saunders, the mother of the murdered pregnant indigenous woman and graduate …read more
From:: Daily GRRR
1. The Rolling Stones, Stray Cat Blues
2. Bruce Springsteen, Candy’s Room
3. Collective Soul, Love
4. Billy Preston, Will It Go Round In Circles
5. David Baerwald, The Got No Shotgun Hydrahead Octopus Blues
6. David Bowie, The Width Of A Circle
7. Deep Purple, Might Just Take Your Life
8. Duke Ellington, In A Sentimental Mood
9. Edgar Winter, Fly Away
10. The Small Faces, Tin Soldier
11. Elton John, (Gotta Get A) Meal Ticket
12. Genesis, Deep In The Motherlode
13. James Gang, Laguna Salada
14. Humble Pie, Ninety-Nine Pounds
15. King Crimson, Easy Money
16. Guns N’ Roses, Ain’t It Fun (Deadboys cover)
17. Junkhouse, Chunk (Port Dover)
18. Joe Jackson, Crime Don’t Pay
19. Tom Petty, Saving Grace
20. Joe South, Walk A Mile In My Shoes
21. Chris Whitley, Poison Girl
22. Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Ra-pid Tran-sit
23. Them, It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue ( Bob Dylan cover)
24. Van Morrison, Saint Dominic’s Preview
25. Frank Zappa And The Mothers Of Invention, Help, I’m A Rock
26. ZZ Top, Ko Ko Blue
27. The High Numbers (embryonic The Who), I’m The Face
28. Thin Lizzy, Waiting For An Alibi
DJ Plan B, Gary Cain and DJ Adrock battle out great tracks based on various different comic books. If you missed the Gary Cain band interview make sure to check that out as well. And if you are into Comic books and Music….there is nothing better than “The Electrifying Adventures of DJ Jeff E Jeff”
Welcome back to SoundFM! You are now listening to The Daily GRRR! live on the airwaves at 100.3fm, CKMS in Waterloo, Ontario, and SoundFM.ca on the web. This is Kathryn and I’ll be your host on this Monday morning show for October 6, 2014. As always, we are broadcasting from the heart of the Haldimand Tract, the occupied Grand River Territory of the Six Nations, which we continue to recognize as Haudenosaunee land. The Daily GRRR! is a project of the Grand River Media Collective and is supported by …read more
From:: Daily GRRR