Episode #22 of Starfish and Coffee Radio is in the books! DJ Starfish held down the fort as Little Beatwas attending the wedding of two of her stuffies, Hannah the Hedgehog and Greedo the Frog. Word on the street is that it was a very lovely wedding and the guests danced the night away to the magical tunes from Starfish and Coffee Radio. The music was magical this week with the likes of David Bowie, Amy Winehouse, songs from the Little Mermaid and the upcoming Trolls Holiday TV special, new music from Brian Fallon and Franz Ferdinand and loads more!
Renee & Friends Ft. Maya Rudolph – Starfish and Coffee
David Bowie – Sound and Vision
Brian Fallon – Forget Me Not
Metric – Everybody has a Talent
Vampire Weekend – Holiday
Caspar Babypants – My Pants Are On Vacation
Belle & Sebastian – You Can Do It If You Try
Joel Plaskett Emergency – Nowhere With You
The Tragically Hip – In View
Franz Ferdinand – Always Ascending
The Little Mermaid Soundtrack / Samuel E. Wright – Under The Sea
Kygo Ft. John Newman – Never Let You Go
Redbone – Come and Get Your Love (single edit)
Billy Preston – Nothing From Nothing
Trolls Holiday Soundtrack (Anna Kendrick and Justin Timberlake) – Love Train
Bottles and cans, just clap your hands! DJ Starfish and Little Beat were at it again with another dope episode of Starfish and Coffee on October 1, 2017!
Little Beat brought a crazy hard “What’s That Sound?” sound challenge, with two lollipops that were only different in colour. Spoiler alert – somehow DJ Starfish knows what purple sounds like. As for the music, well by now you know that you can’t go wrong when listening to Starfish and Coffee.
Oh, this week’s episode features a special treat for fans of The Simpsons. We played the song from the ‘Land of Chocolate’ scene.
1. Prince – Starfish and Coffee (show theme)
2. Capital Cities – Safe and Sound
3. Pickin’ On Series – Safe and Sound
4. The Kerplunks – Cake
5. Ella Fitzgerald – Old McDonald
6. Laurie Johnson – Happy-Go-Lively
7. Spice Girls – Stop
8. Mariah Carey – Fantasy
9. Men Without Hats – Pop Goes The World
10. Eurythmics vs. Steve Angello – Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of These)
11. Tegan and Sara – Closer
12. Supergrass – Alright
13. Electric Light Orchestra – Mr. Blue Sky
14. Nathan Willett – Saturday
15. Mike Phirman – WHat Makes the Breakfast?
16. Shad – Rose Garden
17. Secret Agent 23 Skidoo – Space Cadet
And just like that, Starfish and Coffee is 15 episodes old. Wow! Where did the time go? Next week – the Sweet Sixteen.
The Sunday September 17, 2017 episode was a jolly good show. We played new music from The Barenaked Ladies and The Philosopher Kings, along with classics from “Weird Al” and New Kids On The Block. Yes, you read that right. NKOTB. We also launched our Splash N’ Boots VIP Ticket Give-Away Contest. Plus, we had not one, but two ‘What’s That Sound’ sound challenges put together by Little Beat.
You can find out more about the contest, and get your ballots to enter, at the top of our Facebook Page.
1. Prince – Starfish and Coffee (show theme)
2. Ray Charles – Hit the Road Jack
3. Scott Bradlee’s Postmodern Jukebox – Roar
4. 8-Bit Universe – Shut Up and Dance (8-bit version)
5. Chuck Berry – You Never Can Tell
6. The Philosopher Kings – Still the One
7. Bee Gees – Stayin’ Alive
8. “Weird Al” Yankovic – Eat It
9. New Kids On The Block – Step by Step
10. 8-Bit Universe – Shake It Off (8-bit version)
11. Splash ‘N Boots – Hey!
12. The Reklaws – Hometown Kids
13. Barenaked Ladies – Lookin’ Up
14. Serena Ryder – Got Your Number
15. Hall & Oates – You Make My Dreams
16. Spencer Davis Group – Gimme Some Lovin’ (Single Mix)
17. The Black Keys – Lonely Boy
18. 8-Bit Universe – Smells Like Teen Spirit (8-bit version)
19. Buckner & Garcia – Pac-Man Fever
Kapow! Starfish and Coffee episode #13 (lucky 13) broadcasted live on Sunday September 3rd. Little Beat and I, DJ Starfish, were both back in the studio after a couple of weeks on the road. We wasted no time laying down some dope music and chatting up a storm.
Prince – Starfish and Coffee (show theme)
OOZAKAZOO – Bubble Gum Bubble
Louis Prima – Pennies From Heaven
Toots & The Maytals – Pressure Drop (ska version)
The Minions – Y.M.C.A.
Modest Mouse – Float On
The Supremes – You Can’t Hurry Love
Coldplay – A Sky Full of Stars
St. Germain – Rose Rouge
Fast Romantics – Julia
dirtgirl – Jump
K-OS – Sunday Morning
The Isley Brothers – Shout
Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band – Piñata Attack
The Dollyrots – Walking On Sunshine
Beastie Boys – Make Some Noise (radio edit)
U2 – Magnificent
Starfish and Coffee is the soundtrack to your family dance party. We go live to air every Sunday night from 6:30 – 7:30 pm.
DJs Starfish and Little Beat dish out music for the whole family to groove to. Kid-friendly tracks from the likes of the Black Keys, Feist, The Jackson 5, The Ramones, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings and David Bowie are played together with music from some of the best children’s musicians that won’t annoy the parents, like Big Block Singsong, Parry Gripp, Cookie Monster, Jennifer Gasoi and Secret Agent 23 Skidoo.