Through your support, we are able to continue bringing community access to FM broadcasting in KW! We thank all of our donors and sponsors!
Radio Waterloo has partnered with some generous businesses in our community to thank you for your donation. At the end of the funding drive, we will randomly select a donor to receive each of the following gifts.
- FREE FLIGHT FOR 2 from FLAIR AIRLINES
- From Waterloo Airport (YFK) to anywhere Flair flies.
- One (1) round-trip flight for two (2) passengers to anywhere Flair flies
- One (1) big bundle per passenger included
- Travel must be completed by May 6, 2024
- Taxes/fees included
- Subject to availability at the time of booking
- No blackout dates
- Cycling Enthusiast prize pack from ZM CYCLE & FITNESS
- Continental Grand Prix 5000 tires
- Select speedometer cycling computer
- PRO storage bottle
- PRO aerofuel bag
- pwr road light
- FuelBelt bag
- Ryders glasses
- A pair of tickets to see HAYDEN, Nov 29 2023 from MAXWELL’s Concerts and Events
- A pair of tickets to see MONOWHALES, Dec 6 2023 from MAXWELL’s Concerts and Events
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CKMS-FM Radio Waterloo Launches On-Air Funding Drive to Raise $10,000 for a State-of-the-Art Digital Studio Mixing Board.
Waterloo, ON – October 20, 2023 – CKMS-FM Radio Waterloo, your trusted source for community-driven radio in the Waterloo region, is thrilled to announce the launch of a special On-Air Funding Drive, scheduled to run from November 8 to November 21 The primary objective of this drive is to raise $10,000 to acquire a cutting-edge studio mixing board that will enhance the quality of our broadcasts and empower our passionate team of volunteers.
This fundraising campaign reflects CKMS’s unwavering commitment to providing the community with diverse and engaging radio content. As a non-profit, volunteer-driven station, we rely on the generous support of our listeners, local businesses, and community members to continue delivering high-quality programming and support the creative voices of the region.
A studio mixing board is at the heart of our broadcast operations, ensuring that every show, interview, and music selection sounds its best. The new mixing board will enable CKMS-FM to elevate the overall listening experience and facilitate smoother show production. By upgrading this critical piece of equipment, we aim to enhance our ability to serve the community even better, by providing the latest professional equipment with which community show hosts can gain knowledge and experience.
“CKMS-FM has been a vital part of the Waterloo community for 46 years, connecting people, and providing a platform for local artists, musicians, and diverse voices,” says Nat Persaud, CKMS-FM’s President. “We’re excited about this funding drive, as it allows us to enhance our mission and improve our services to the community.”
During the funding drive, CKMS-FM will host special programming, live interviews, and interactive events featuring community leaders, artists, and musicians. Listeners can tune in to 102.7 FM or stream the station online at radiowaterloo.ca to participate in this exciting event and contribute to our cause.
There are multiple ways for community members to show their support:
- **Donate**: Fill in our
- **Become a Member**: Join the CKMS-FM family by becoming a member of the station and enjoy exclusive perks.
- **Sponsor a Show**: Local businesses and organizations can sponsor a show and receive recognition on the air.
- **Volunteer**: Get involved in station activities and share your talents with the community.
CKMS-FM would like to thank its dedicated listeners and supporters for their continued commitment to community radio. Together, we can reach our funding goal and ensure the station continues to be a vibrant hub for local voices and diverse content.
About CKMS-FM Radio Waterloo:
CKMS-FM is a non-profit, volunteer-driven community radio station serving the Waterloo region. We provide a platform for diverse voices, music, and ideas, fostering a stronger sense of community and connectivity in the region.