James Blacktop joins Bob Jonkman in the studio, and Marc Reilly is on the phone as we talk about The Boys & I and the upcoming release of their first single, That Ain’t Me Anymore.
The interview starts at 4m08s.
- Website: https://theboysandiband.com/
- Facebook: @theboysandiband
- Reverbnation: The Boys & I
- Spotify: James Blacktop | Spotify
- YouTube: The Boys & I / James Blacktop
- Bandcamp: James Blacktop | The Boys & I
- SoundCloud: James Blacktop | SoundCloud
- Spotify: The Boys & I | Spotify
- Twitter: @AdomPostma
That Ain’t Me Anymore (Lyric Video)
YouTube: That Ain’t Me Anymore (Lyric Video)
Download: ckms-community-connections-2020-08-31-episode057.mp3 (56.6 MiBytes, 59m00s, episode 057)
Exclusive tracks recorded in the CKMS-FM 102.7 Radio Waterloo Studio are now available! Right-click on a linked track title to download!
- 0m00s: CKMS Community Connections theme – Steve Todd
- 0m23s: Angel In Disguise – James Blacktop
- 4m07s: James Blacktop is the first musical guest to come back for a repeat visit; talking about recording the single That Ain’t Me Anymore; this is a single, no EP yet; James and Marc Reilly playing a few gigs; That Ain’t Me Anymore is Marc’s first commercial recording. Introducing the band: Luke Ducharme, percussion, has started a family and has left the band, Nathan Bonassin is now the drummer, Marc Reilly is lead guitar, Adom Postma is the bass player. James introduces Lay Down Easy.
- 11m56s: Lay Down Easy – James Blacktop, Live, On-Air, In-Studio!
- 15m34s: That’s new music! Going from idea to production; talking about collaboration; mentioning Book of Counted Sorrows; Marc’s inspiration for music combines with James’s music; writing down the music; James gets the lyrics first, notes some chords, than passes to Marc to flesh out the music; introducing Book Of Counted Sorrows.
- 23m40s: Book Of Counted Sorrows – performed by James Blacktop, music by Marc Reilly, live, in-studio
- 27m47: Origins of Book Of Counted Sorrows; James Blacktop’s studio equipment, and on live gigs; cancelled gigs and internet gigs; starting live gigs again with plastic screens separating musicians from the audience; toying with new songs during quarantine.
- 38m40s: Lovers In A Dangerous Time – James Blacktop, live, in-studio
- 43m40s: Playing cover songs at live gigs; releasing That Ain’t Me Anymore on all the usual online and streaming locations; practising when not performing; Adom Postma on YouTube Chat; trying collaboration software during quarantine; the story behind That Ain’t Me Anymore; a brief listen of last year’s studio recording; alterations to the song since last year; James and Marc chat while Bob finds the track to play.
- 53m45s: That Ain’t Me Anymore – James Blacktop and The Boys & I
- 57m56s: End credits
CKMS Community Connections Hour One airs on CKMS-FM 102.7 on Monday from 11:00am to Noon, and Hour Two airs on Thursday from 2:00pm to 3:00pm.
Got music, spoken word, or other interesting stuff? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on our “About” page.
Subscribe to the CKMS Community Connections podcast!
See all CKMS Community Connections shows!
YouTube: CKMS Community Connections for 31 August 2020
Show notes and podcast interview content is Copyright © 2020 by the participants, and released under a Creative Commons Attribution Only license. Copy, re-use, and deriviatives works are allowed with attribution to Radio Waterloo and a link to this page. Music selections are copyright by the respective rights holders.
One thought on “CKMS Community Connections for 31 August 2020 with James Blacktop and Marc Reilly of The Boys & I”