So you’re thinking of getting some exposure with CKMS for your event or business? There are many ways that your business can gain exposure with community radio. Here is a “How to” on what each type entails…
Advertisement (commercial) — An ad is an announcement made for any business, the intent of which is to promote the business and its products or services, whether or not CKMS receives direct or indirect payment (cash vs. in-kind service).
Advertising Packages: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $500 per month
($50 setup fee*)
Cost: $225 per month
($50 setup fee*)
Cost: $50 per month
($50 setup fee*)
|Receive 12% discount when you bundle a CKMS Radio Ad with an Imprint Newspaper Ad. Contact IMPRINT to take advantage of advertising in print! email@example.com|
*$50 Setup fee is charged for Radio Waterloo to produce an audio advertisement. This charge does not apply if you have an existing recorded ad.
- All Ads are to be approx 30-45 seconds.
- Social media posts to one of: CKMS Facebook Page, Instagram, Twitter. Your supplied graphic will be used if available. Otherwise, a text ad will be posted with your logo.
- Web banner will be posted on radiowaterloo.ca. Your supplied graphic will be used if available. Otherwise a text ad will be posted with your logo. In late 2019 radiowaterloo.ca received about 1000 hits daily from 500 unique visitors.
A show sponsorship is a mention or thank you for a business or individual who has provided funding to a show. Each show producer or host is responsible for maintaining the appropriate number of mentions.
How to set up a Sponsorship on CKMS
- Visit our shows page or the schedule and look for a show that meets your businesses audience. If you are having trouble finding a specific show please contact the Program Co-ordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you find a show.
- Contact the show producer and set up an arrangement of payment for mentions and associated media.
Mentions by show hosts of concerts, plays, poetry readings, gallery showings, and other similar events are not ads. If the event listing announcement is recorded, and the event is “for profit” then it will be considered an ad, and advertising rates will apply. CKMS producers and show hosts may mention various events during their shows. If there is an event that you would like promoted please contact a specific show host. The show host may be interested in promoting the event.
Public Service Announcements
A public service announcement (PSA) is a message in the public interest played without charge, with the objective of raising awareness about a social issue. If there is an event that you would like promoted please contact email@example.com. Pre-recorded PSAs will be added to our digital library, and played at the show hosts’ discretion; there is no guarantee a particular PSA will get played. Posters and text-based PSAs will be added to our Public Service Announcements page, and will appear in the sidebar on the front page of the Radio Waterloo website.
The staff at Radio Waterloo can assist in producing a public service announcement, including script development. There is a $50.00 production fee.
Famous people, local bands, etc. briefly saying “Hi I’m ____ of _____ and you’re listening to CKMS-FM, 102.7 in Waterloo Region”. These are often added to the CKMS library and played throughout the day. Please send your pre-recorded stings to firstname.lastname@example.org.