Live now: Reggae Patrol
Open stream in new tab: https://radiowaterloo.ca/stream/
Download radiowaterloo.m3u from KWVoIP
CKMS Listener Chat
Latest Message: 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- Randalevozy : the continuing future of energy at work is poised to be dominated by solar energy as well as its several benefits. From cost benefits and environmental sustainability to technological advancements and increased competitiveness, the many benefits of adopting solar technology are unmistakeable. By investing in this neat and renewable energy source, businesses may take a dynamic role in reducing their carbon footprint, cutting energy costs, and securing their place in a sustainable future. The tran
- Father To Son : OK I wanna say that some members of The Monks were from The Strawbs but I'm not sure
- Requiem : Cool set list. The MODS...WHITE HEAT....THE MONKS...
- Bob Jonkman : Tonights 81 82 38 48 Music List: https://radiowaterloo.ca/81-82-83-84-s02e34/
- Father To Son : The The
- Requiem : Listen to 81 82 83 84..........Lee Gregory captures the Era!!!
- Requiem : Glad it was unusual....and interesting! Thanks so much for the listen Guys.
- Bob Jonkman : Unusual show today, but interesting as always. Thanx, Mr. Smart!
- Requiem : Recognize some references?
- Father To Son : Thanks for the memories
- Requiem : Great Doo-wop stuff the Four Seasons!
- Father To Son : We just watched Jersey Boys on Sunday!
- Requiem : Pentatonix
- Father To Son : Manhattan Transfer?
- Requiem : Ahhh your own Dangerous Toy!!
- Father To Son : I had clackers, boy could I make those suckers go!
- Requiem : Glad to bring the memories!
- Father To Son : Aaaahhh the good ole days, thanks for the memories!
- Requiem : Yes...and "Uncle Salty."
- Father To Son : And "Big Ten Inch Record"?
- Requiem : Yes. And "sweet emotion."
- Father To Son : Wasn't "Walk this Way" on that one?
- Requiem : yes I heard that tune and went out and bought my first Aerosmith Record. Toys in the Attic!
- Father To Son : Great Aerosmith song!
- Requiem : Yeah as F2S pointed out....Bowie couldn't use his real name as a Stage Name because of the Monkee's Davey Jones.
- Bob Jonkman : I didn't know David Bowie was also a Davey Jones! (I needed Wikipedia to figure that out)
- Requiem : Most under-rated rock and roll band ever! Good idea Father to Son!
- Father To Son : The Monkees have a cool story, can you do one on them?
- Father To Son : Bowie changed his name because of that guy!
- Requiem : No"Come buy my Toys" was Bowie. "Cuddly Toy" was the Monkees....
- Bob Jonkman : Wait, so that was a Bowie-Monkees crossover?
- Requiem : Oh yes...a true great. So were the Monkees with Davey Jones!
- Father To Son : He was great!
- Requiem : Davey Jones-Bowie! We'll hear the other one soon here tonight.
- Father To Son : Good 'ole Davey Jones
- Requiem : Hi Bob! Yeah...maybe something like that........sort of.
- Bob Jonkman : Punch and Judy?
- Requiem : Hi F2S! A Puppet Show tonight...well maybe....
- Father To Son : What's up Mr. Smart?
- Requiem : Barb's Best on FATHER TO SON: FELIX. Very 70's yacht Rock influences......
- CKMS Community Connections : Tri-Pride is coming up, so Fabian Fletcher, president of Tri-Pride joins CKMS #CommunityConnections at 11am today. Tune in at 102.7FM or online at https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen, or YouTube live at https://youtu.be/4Gp-gAEYrrM
- CKMS Community Connections : A repeat presentation with Jim Stewart of the Waterloo Region Health Coalition airing right now! Listen to CKMS-FM on the radio at 102.7 MHz, or to the online stream at https://radiowaterloo.ca/stream Full show notes are at https://radiowaterloo.ca/ckms-community-connections-for-22-may-2023-with-jim-stewart-of-the-waterloo-region-health-coalition/
- Bob Jonkman : Good show tonight, NattyPhysicist! Am enjoying the calm waves of the Jungle
- Requiem : Come to my "boring" show ..a re-run...come yawn at Requiem for Rock!
- Requiem : 2112..When RUSH went from being a great rock n roll Band( In the mood is one of the best radio songs ever) to perhaps overproduced Prog Rock? Just a comment for the etheral music and Indie submission FATHER TO SON Show! Interesting new-age Bosa Nova RUSH cover close-track!
- Requiem : Shout out to Grain Farmers who feed us!
- jeff stager : hi can you reD OUT MESSAGES
- Paul Hoekstra : Hi everyone! I'm the Vice President of Grain Farmers of Ontario. Looking forward to chatting with Jeff and welcome any questions!
- jeff stager : special evening edition of The Agriculture Show tonight.
- CKMS Community Connections : Show notes, podcast, index, music list, and bonus video for CKMS Community Connections with Jim Stewart of the Waterloo Region Health Coalition are now online at https://radiowaterloo.ca/ckms-community-connections-for-22-may-2023-with-jim-stewart-of-the-waterloo-region-health-coalition/
- CKMS Community Connections : At 11am on today's CKMS #CommunityConnections Jim Stewart of the Waterloo Region Health Coalitin returns to tell us about the referendum on the privatization of public health. Listen to the radio at CKMS-FM 102.7, online at https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen, or YouTube Live at https://youtu.be/u9BnUNnNM_w
- Bob Jonkman : Hi guest_4368: From Noon to 1:00pm on 18 May 2023 the syndicated show "Redeye Podcast" aired; at 12:48pm it was the segment "Fewer than half of British Columbians have good jobs". You can see the show notes and contact the producers at https://www.vcn.bc.ca/redeye/index.html
- guest_4368 : What song was played on May, 18, 2023 at 12:40ish
- Requiem : Glad you got to see Gord. Thanks for the listen F2S!
- FatherTo Son : Hiking off to bed...thanks Mr. Smart! I saw Gordon a few years ago, glad I did
- Requiem : 81 82 83 84 finishes off the great Wednesday line-up on CKMS!!!
- Requiem : He's had lots of good stuff.
- FatherTo Son : Bruce Cockburn has a new album out
- Requiem : For sure. We have to capture more listeners for the stellar line-up!
- jeff stager : Wednesday evenings are the best at CKMS. Golden record, F2S, and Requiem !
- Requiem : A special kind of Comedy for sure!
- FatherTo Son : Nuthin' like the Flying Circus!
- Requiem : Thanks F2S! Hope you enjoy....
- FatherTo Son : Another inspiring topic!
- Requiem : Hike the songs of the Forest tonight on Requiem for Rock!
- Requiem : Sorry to Justin Chander...and best wishes on your music!
- jeff stager : hi
- the agriculture show : Hey listen in today . Courtney VanOmmen is our guest from IPM 2023 in Dufferin country.
- the agriculture show : Hey listen intoday and send us your questions,,, ask us what iur favoiurte colour is. Courtney VanOmmen is our guest.
- Courtney with the IPM 2023 : Hey everyone! I’m on the radio today! Listen in to learn what we have planned this coming September!
- CKMS Community Connections : Today at 11am CKMS #CommunityConnections will have guest host Czar at the mic. Tune in to CKMS-FM at 102.7 on your radio, online at https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen , and YouTube live at https://youtu.be/X2cAoTIGVIs
- Justin Chander : No "l!" Chander! If you would like to keep up to date with my musical journey, you can follow me @justinchander on all social media platforms! You can check out my song by searching, "Justin Chander - The Outside" into any place you can play music!~
- Requiem : Indie Bands and Quantum Physics on F2S! Diversity of thought only on CKMS!
- Requiem : Father to Son promotes Shows sponsored by CKMS! So upcoming gigs? Contact F2S!
- Requiem : Congrats to JUSTIN CHANDLER in hearing his song on the radio for the first time. Very cool. CKMS does that!
- Requiem : Radio Tokyo on Father to Son!
- Justin Chander : No, I'm from Toronto! I used to live in Waterloo though!~
- RadioFan : Sounded good! Are you from Kitchener?
- Justin Chander : This is the first time ever my song is playing on the radio!~
- Justin Chander : Justin Chander tuning in! Thank u 4 playing my song!~
- Requiem : He's got "sweet Gene Vincent" on his play List..Ian Drury
- Bob Jonkman : Indeed! (although he said that in October when this episode first aired)
- Requiem : Kinda thought it was a Reprise...I remember that intro from the past...
- Requiem : He said he was ill.......Get Well wishes to 81 82 83 84!
- Bob Jonkman : Wait, it's an older episode: https://radiowaterloo.ca/81-82-83-84-season-2-ep-3/
- Bob Jonkman : Hm, no music list for today's 81 82 83 84...
- Bob Jonkman : I'll be standing by my radio!
- Requiem : Hope you can hear it then. Requiem for Rock Reprise Friday at 6pm.
- Bob Jonkman : That's what the Friday #Replay is for
- Requiem : I guess you had to hear the whole context....
- Bob Jonkman : OK, good ending.
- Requiem : Yeah. But in the end..hopeful! History is so very often heavy.....
- Bob Jonkman : Heavier than I had expected for Mother's Day
- Requiem : Hi Bob. Thanks for coming anytime you do!
- Bob Jonkman : Sorry, got here late.
- Requiem : Sometimes i forget and sing along! Thanks lol
- Father To Son : Barb likes your singing!
- Father To Son : WOW
- Requiem : Cool song. The Buzz? Its Mothers Day on Requiem for Rock!
- Father To Son : Hey Mr. Smart, what's the buzz?
- Requiem : 63 Monroe on Father to Son! Love gets messy......nice post punk!
- ScottAlutt :
- guest_4951 : What are some of the new events we will see this year at the IPM?
- guest_1223 : I know why you would want to come to the international plowing match and rural expo ask me why!!
- Dawn McIlwraith Van Kampen : ask us what our favourite colour is!!!!
- Dawn McIlwraith Van Kampen : Hi all! We're here from Dufferin County to talk about the International Plowing Match and Rural Expo 2023. Are their any questions for us today?
- guest_9473dddr : hello
- Veronique : Interesting, great job James!!!
- guest_50 : Great job Anabela and James!!!
- CKMS Community Connections : Awesome guest hosts! Great job, Anabela and James!
- Elvira : Anabela! Rock on!
- guest_895 : Rock on Anabela!!!
- guest_895 : Anabela ????
- Anabela : thank you! Rock on!!
- Nina- : Rock on Anabela!
- Nina- : Rock on Anabela!!!
- guest_56 : Woweewweeee Anabelaaa love your choices
- Bob Jonkman : You should have a look at the front page of the website!
- Bob Jonkman : Training is my favourite show on the radio!
- guest_8617jeee : homit training at ckjms
- Requiem : Its fund-raise ASKING MONTH at CKMS...Brother can ya spare a .......?
- Requiem : Songs of the mean green tonight...on Requiem for Rock
- golden record : FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/groups/505964756253870
- golden record : https://hepcatswing.com/ website FAcebook as well.
- ProfJohnMaple : Thanks to everyone for joining us this evening!
- ProfJohnMaple : For our upcoming events, visit https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- ProfJohnMaple : To learn about our online events, please like this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/
- golden record : A big shoutout at WE Dance, with John S. playing the blues tonight on CKMS, your best local community radio.
- ProfJohnMaple : Glad to be here for the Golden Record program!
- Courtney : What part of the International Plowing Match 2023 are you most looking forward to! As the chairs?
- Bill McC : Are you coming the International Plowing Match and Rural Expo. Dufferin County Sept 19 to 23/23.
- Dawn : International Plowing Match & Rural Expo 2023, are you coming to Bowling Green in Dufferin County?
- CKMS Community Connections : Today, 1 May 2023 at 11am on CKMS #CommunityConnections Neal Moogk-Soulis talks about The Monarchist League of Canada and the coronation of King Charles III. Tune in at 102.7FM, online at https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen, or YouTube Live at https://youtu.be/JZefsYky-m4
- CKMS Community Connections : At 3pm we have Living Room for Small in for a Live, On-Air, In-Studio performance! Listen to the radio at 102.7FM, online right here at https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen or YouTube live at https://youtu.be/2VneeI20srI
- Requiem : PRINT SHOP from Russia on 81 82 83 84...that song from 2023...rock revolutionaries still exist!! Nice set list! 81 82 83 84 really captures the era....
- Requiem : Thats too big for me! Quarantine me on a small Caribbean Island...
- Father To Son : I'll take Australia
- Requiem : LOL...Unless you get a free Island resort to yourselves!
- Father To Son : Yeah, we don't want a "Typhoid Barbie"
- Requiem : Thanks so much for the time and listen F2S! Best wishes to Barb on the food-handling course!
- Father To Son : Nice talkin'...Good night
- Requiem : Nice 81 82 83 84 set list. The "Church of Trees" would sound at home on LEE GREGORY'S 81 82 83 84 set list!
- Requiem : I've never heard this version of BCR's ' Saturday Night" before. cool.
- Bob Jonkman : And here's the music list for 81 82 83 84: https://radiowaterloo.ca/81-82-83-84-s02e30/
- Requiem : H.B. Worthy of a show for sure!
- Requiem : I didn't know either that it was salmonella..
- Bob Jonkman : Going to need his own Requiem episode...
- Requiem : Yeah wanted to save a moment at the end for Harry Belafonte....a civil rights fighter and cool calypso King!
- Bob Jonkman : And a nice tribute at the end...
- Bob Jonkman : Another interesting show, Mr. Smart! I did some rabbitholing during the show; I didn't realize typhoid is in the salmonella family of pathogens...
- Requiem : Glad you like the Topic Father to Son.
- Requiem : Too funny! What seems common sense now.....unheard of then!
- Father To Son : Great topic!
- Father To Son : I just signed Barb up for a Safe Food Handling Course....so this show is pertinent
- Requiem : Yes...late 19th-Early 20th century was her time
- Bob Jonkman : I didn't realize that Typhoid Mary lived so recently. I thought this all had happened at least 100 years earlier
- Requiem : A Requiem for Typhoid Mary......on R4R
- Requiem : Could certainly hear the Carol Pope influence there....
- Bob Jonkman : There was some bio material in the email@example.com mailbox about a year ago...
- Bob Jonkman : I think Carol Pope has worked with Church of Trees.
- Requiem : Hi Bob!
- Bob Jonkman : Hi Mr. Smart!
- Requiem : Hear the songs of MARY ...from North Brother Island.......hear all on Requiem for Rock!
- Requiem : Hey F2S! Church of Trees...interesting tune...kinda Carol Pope era stuff...synthopop. A cool tune lyrically. In the safe zone!
- Father To Son : Hey Mr. Smart, what's the buzz?
- Wayne Caldwell : We'll be talking about rural planning shortly! Questions welcome!~
- Wayne Caldwell : Hi everyone
- guest_5725 : hi
- mr mechanical : A bit of a jarring set to put between the Wax Jungle and Street Hop. Hoping for Pressure Drop next week!
- Bob Jonkman : Ah, here's the 81 82 83 84 set list: https://radiowaterloo.ca/81-82-83-84-s02e29/
- Requiem : Too many Creeps........and other great tunes on 81 82 83 84!! LEE GREGORY always evokes that era so well!!
- Requiem : I'll be here next week hopefully. Thanks again fo rsharing the show with me...
- Bob Jonkman : Anyway, gotta go. Maybe see you here again next week!
- Requiem : lol. Yeah I am of the "leave well enough alone" school mostly!
- Bob Jonkman : F'rinstance, spent $300 to spruce up the kitchen with some new LED lighting. So now we can see all the other things that need sprucing up. Sigh.
- Requiem : Yeah Money and lack therof....always a drag. But we do great anyway at CKMS!!
- Bob Jonkman : Ah. I wasn't following the grant application process very closely. Money and I don't get along.
- Requiem : I don't think that would be kosher with their rules. The cash can't be used for a Capital Project...only for general running of the station. We can try next year for a specific project Grant.
- Bob Jonkman : I'm wondering if we can use the new grant (great work, BTW!) along with the two on-air fundraisers to get a new transmitter. That'll cover some 80% of the cost.
- Requiem : We gotta get a more powerful transmitter.......airwaves is the coolest version...if perhaps becoming a thing of the past...sigh.
- Bob Jonkman : Well, I'll be listening to the radio anyway. Or the online stream, really. Thanx again!
- Requiem : Probably not regularly ....I've got to used to the home version. Though I do want to do the odd studio show this summer...
- Bob Jonkman : Will you be returning to the studio?
- Requiem : Thanks so much for the listen Bob!
- Requiem : Rivingtons did the poppa ooo mow mow version.
- Bob Jonkman : Another good show tonight, Mr. Smart! Gotta go, I have podcasts to produce.
- Bob Jonkman : Of course! Why play something you *don't* like?
- Requiem : 81 82 83 84 plays his FAVES tonight ~!
- Bob Jonkman : Ah! We have that version in the library. Not The Trashmen version tho. Nor the "Poppa Oom Mow Mow" original. I'll have to stock up...
- Requiem : Punk Surf.......Ramones dong Surfin Bird!
- Bob Jonkman : Novelty Surf!
- Requiem : Sometimes I can't help myself! More a sociological observation than a political one...
- Bob Jonkman : Ooh, politics on R4R!
- Bob Jonkman : All this California music, but I've got to go get a sweater. BRB.
- Requiem : Oh Yeah.....you gotta have the Pows and Bams and Zonks!! But the version also had a Recorder and melotron!
- Bob Jonkman : There were still Pows and Bams in that extended version...
- Requiem : Oh its pure Surf Rock! An Iconic song of an era.....This extended version ( not the tv show intro) is very cool......
- Bob Jonkman : Never realized the Batman theme might be surf rock...
- Requiem : Are they? Cool. Surf Rock is great stuff. I will give REVOLUTION ROCK a spin!
- Bob Jonkman : Do you ever catch Revolution Rock, Sundays at 10pm? The hosts are big fans of surf rock
- Bob Jonkman : /me googles Dick Dale
- Requiem : Yes..doing the odd old script ...so yes you heard it long ago! Yes it was originally tribute to Dickie Dale!
- Bob Jonkman : It was probably a tribute show, since that would have been around the time he died.
- Bob Jonkman : That = the show I heard on the radio. Probably driving home from Brantford in 2019
- Requiem : "That?"
- Bob Jonkman : Could that have been on R4R?
- Bob Jonkman : I'm glad you mentioned Dick Dale. I had no idea who he was until about 3 years ago when I heard him featured on the radio.
- Requiem : Hear the 60's soundtrack of the CALIFORNIA MYTH..hear all on Requiem for Rock!
- Requiem : F2S are great Promoters of Community Radio!
- Bob Jonkman : Good cross-promo on F2S!
- Requiem : Thanks to Gary and Barb Father to Son....promoting local Live music and Indie! And Barbie's best every week! Edward Bear again!
- Richardtip :
- Willy : Who was your gardening role model
- Willy : What is your favorite plant in your garden
- Mary Dilly : I'm on the agriculture show! Ask me a question!!
- CKMS Community Connections : On today's CKMS #CommunityConnections we have Caleb Khuu and Rosie Samra doing a Live, On-Air, In-Studio performance! Listen to CKMS-FM at 102.7, online at https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen or the YouTube live stream https://youtu.be/tbHpwol9MVQ
- Bob Jonkman : Listening to Street Hop with DJ Carmelo - and Pressure Drop with Natty Physicist was pretty good too!
- Requiem : Ma-ria Barti-romo! too funny......
- Requiem : Joey Ramone was a great singer! On 81 82 83 84!
- Requiem : Well...April Fools day and Chat gpt!
- Father To Son : What inspired this topic?
- Requiem : Dunces may be Geniuses!
- Father To Son : Mr. Smart exposes the Dunces
- Requiem : Thanks F2S!
- Father To Son : Great Theme!
- Requiem : Hear about the Genius Dunce..tonight on Requiem for Rock!
- Requiem : A nice Edward Bear tune as the throw-away last song....on Father to Son!
- Jefferywop : LOFI music are actually a favorite solution for somebody searchin to loosen and relax, with many individuals saying that they make them sleep. The gradual, replicated cycle of these beats produce a enjoyable setting, building a perception of relaxation that are being helpful to sleeping. Given that LOFI tracks generally possesses a little slower speed and few verse, having the thoughts to quiet down and drift off with less effort. More over, LOFI rhythm often contain audio of the harmony of natu
- guest_2 : hi
- Bob Jonkman : The Live-To-Air show is going great! Join CKMS-FM at Ouroboros, 101 Hazelglen Drive in Kitchener, a fundraiser for Crushin' Cancer! https://radiowaterloo.ca/crushin-cancer-2/
- Requiem : Thanks Bob. Be well!
- Bob Jonkman : Got go to, Mr. Smart... See you next week. Maybe at the Board meeting before your show
- Bob Jonkman : Probably not an easy tune to play. Needs somebody with rhythm.
- Requiem : Blister in the Sun was a musically innovative tune for sure!
- Requiem : yes memories trick us...sometimes its "it was not like that at all..."
- Bob Jonkman : Yup, me too. Although I remember Depeche Mode's "Blasphemous Rumours" being faster and livelier...
- Requiem : "Pale Shelter" was one of my favs then.....
- Requiem : Yes 81 82 83 84 always has a great mix that represents the era..obscure stuff with a few Hits...
- Bob Jonkman : Look like 81 82 83 84 has a banger of a set list tonight: https://radiowaterloo.ca/81-82-83-84-s02e27/
- Requiem : All I ever need to hear! Thankyou.
- Bob Jonkman : It's always interesting ! Thank you, Mr. Smart!
- Requiem : Ah yes the hour goes so fast! Hope it was interesting....
- Bob Jonkman : My goodness, over already!
- Requiem : The sub genre of CHRISTIAN ROCK..and its biblical struggle to begin and thrive......hear all about it on Requiem for Rock tonight!
- Requiem : Cool. Had not heard of that work.....
- Bob Jonkman : Listening to your "Rock'n'Roll Is Corrupting Our Kids" reminds me of @PauliSci's new book, featurinng "A Brief History of Music Today Is Just Noise" https://mstdn.ca/@paulisci/110064350883283839
- Requiem : Yes should be promo for sure!
- Bob Jonkman : Here's hoping Gary/Ben/Barb will upload it to the CKMS library so all the programmers can play it on request!
- Requiem : It was a very cool song by the Thames Riverias!
- Bob Jonkman : F2S music list for tonight's show is at https://radiowaterloo.ca/423699-2/
- Bob Jonkman : I thought that last song on F2S might have been Zuffalo, since they're known for their Pink Floyd covers. Nice to discover another band like that, Thames Rivieras!
- Requiem : Very cool Floydish tune: Beautiful People by the Thames Rivieras.......Barbie's Best this week......on Father to Son. Send the show yer Indies!
- Father To Son : So Old It's New is featuring Toronto's Zuffalo, please give a listen and read the notes on how to win tickets to their upcoming CKMS sponsored show!
- Bob Jonkman : G'night Mr. Smart!
- Requiem : I do like 81 82 83 84...sophisticated set lists! Bye
- Requiem : Great names for Bands in that era! I gotta go....up early tomorrow. Goodnight Bob and thanks again!
- Bob Jonkman : Oh wait, maybe "Hollow Inside"
- Bob Jonkman : Looking at Lee's set list for tonight's show. I don't think I recognize any titles. https://radiowaterloo.ca/81-82-83-84-s02e25/
- Requiem : lol....its really sophisticated for its era and future predicting.
- Bob Jonkman : OK, it goes on the list for re-watching.
- Requiem : Watching it as an adult......it really was not a kid's show in its time.
- Bob Jonkman : I think that movie may be in our boxed set...
- Requiem : Supermarionation........really well preserved and 60's kitsch.
- Requiem : I remember this one playing now.....
- Bob Jonkman : Live action, or Super-Marionation?
- Requiem : Batman rocked! The Thunderbirds movie was on TCM a coupl e months ago.....too funny! Lady Penelope!
- Bob Jonkman : Lee is getting into a bunch of 81 82 83 84 stuff that I don't remember from that era.
- Bob Jonkman : I don't think I was supposed to see Ivanhoe. It was for the adults, and I should have been in bed.
- Bob Jonkman : My first TV memory is seeing Ivanhoe. I never did figure out the funny helmets... Followed by Batman and Thunderbirds
- Requiem : Oswald being shot.....my first TV memory!
- Bob Jonkman : I can only imagine. Like you, I was a youngster, and without TV in those days
- Requiem : "informative".....my favorite Adjective!
- Requiem : A flavor of that time in 63.......some essence I hope.....
- Bob Jonkman : Another good, informative show! Thanx Mr. Smart!
- Requiem : Thanks so much for the listen guys!
- Bob Jonkman : Didn't recognize The Stones, but it's their kind of music
- Requiem : That cover was off the Stone's first Album
- Requiem : Its a great song. Rufus Thomas originally
- Bob Jonkman : I wonder how many cover versions there are of "Walk The Dog"
- Requiem : yeah sometimes hard to find a good sounding clip from those days....
- Bob Jonkman : A bit overmodulated, but the intent is clear
- Requiem : So many great B sides! And a number that actually became bigger Hits than the A side.
- Father To Son : I think the "Flip Side" was a song called Time To Ride, funny how we remember B - sides, you must have a show on that.
- Requiem : Yo Yo was a cool song! And Donny O. was always under-rated.
- Father To Son : Mr. smart always conjures up memories from the past, some good some not so good, like the Donny Osmond record I had when I was 10 called Yo Yo
- Requiem : Hot Gum! Chest expanders! Sea-Monkeys!
- Bob Jonkman : Copyright vengeance
- Bob Jonkman : X-Ray Specs!
- Requiem : it was released by Freddie Boom Boom Cannon
- Requiem : Well both names kinda blend each other
- Bob Jonkman : Weird how memory fails. I was thinking "Chuck Berry wrote Pacific Pallisades". But in fact, "Chuck Barris wrote Palisades Park". ..
- Requiem : yes it was quite interesting and made you go "huh?'
- Bob Jonkman : Fun movie, "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind". https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270288/
- Bob Jonkman : Barris!
- Requiem : Chuck Baris wrote it
- Bob Jonkman : There was a song about "Pallisades" written by Chuck Berry, host of the Gong Show...
- Requiem : Very cool........in 60's super-8!
- Father To Son : Great topic on Requiem For Rock, My dad filmed the Kennedy funeral off the TV on 8 mm film, I still have the footage
- Bob Jonkman : 🙂
- Requiem : On my list to do.....
- Bob Jonkman : Maybe in a show about novelty songs, one of these days.
- Requiem : Come to Dealey Plaza tonight...on Requiem for Rock!
- Bob Jonkman : Ah, maybe not.
- Requiem : Kinky Boots! risque in its day!
- Bob Jonkman : Ooh, boots! Hopefully R4R will play "Kinky Boots" with John Steed and Pussy Galore!
- Requiem : F2S is a hero for Indie Artists!
- Bob Jonkman : Seems there has been a slight shift in the focus of "Father To Son"
- Requiem : Indie Artists......submit to F2S......Your conduit to the airwaves!
- Requiem : AlexAnne on Barbie's Best.......on Father to Son! Very nice voice......cool song called "New Obsession!"
- Father To Son : I'll be sure to play some on the show!
- CKMS Community Connections : Thanx F2S! Joshua's in-studio songs should be in the CKMS library soon, available to play on other shows featuring local indie music!
- Father To Son : Great interview with Joshua today Bob! The sound was great
- CKMS Community Connections : Today at 11am Joshua Säde James @jsjwarren (Twitter) comes in for a Live, On-Air, In-Studio performance! Listen to the radio at CKMS-FM 102.7, online at https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen or see the Live YouTube stream https://youtu.be/CpandRfPD6A
- Father To Son : Great Show! Gang of Four
- Requiem : And long live CKMS!!!
- Requiem : Hope you found it of interest! Long live the Miami Showband! Long live Ireland!
- Father To Son : Great Show!
- Father To Son : Gentlemen....it's time....Good Night!
- Requiem : With John Hewer and Billy Meek and barmaid Kate!
- Father To Son : Pig 'n Whistle!
- Requiem : Actually a big fan of her art. Her singing? welllll......
- Father To Son : Not a Yoko fan eh
- Requiem : Visit the Emerald Isle for St. Paddy's day.....tonight on Requiem for Rock!
- Father To Son : Help Crush Cancer
- Requiem : Indie Artists.......Father to Son show is your local Hero! Submit your music!
- CKMS Community Connections : Great music by Natalia Valencia - we hope she'll come to the studio some day for an interview and maybe a Live, On-Air, In-Studio performance!
- guest_2312 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjMjMuq5VAg.
- guest_2312 : what a great song you played today at 11am! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjMjMuq5VAg
- CKMS Community Connections : On CKMS #CommunityConnections our guests are Jenna Mayne and Lillie Proksch of the Women's Crisis Services Waterloo Region. At 11am tune your radio to CKMS-FM 102.7, listen online https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen or view YouTube live https://youtu.be/mCW7wHSF5Vo
- Requiem : Human League with a ska dance number.......so 81 82 83 84! The show that captures that era's music and zeitgeist!
- Requiem : Thanks so much for listening to it! Happy IWD!
- Father To Son : This a really cool tribute to women on International Women's Day! Very Original!
- Requiem : Happy IWD to all! Join me and hear about the lady revolutionaries, musical and social.......now on Requiem For Rock.
- david barth : HI all. Sandy and I are on the radio show tonight starting at 8. Send us your questions. Everything is fair game but swing music and International Women's Day are key themes
- Father To Son : Cool show! Sorry I fell asleep listening, will catch the replay on Friday!!!
- Requiem : Listen Friday 6 pm for the Television connection to Rock.....on Requiem for Rock!
- Requiem : Barbie's Best...each week on F2S! U.S. 15...awesome Banjo!
- Requiem : Drug Money......cool song. Father to Son play your local Indies! Listen on CKMS.
- BaldBoyFan : Back to work. Good thing Klusterfokken isn't on tonight
- Bob Jonkman : I met Long John Baldry when I was working at CFMU, McMaster's campus radio. He was in for a taped interview, I was the production manager (not the interviewer). After the interview he wanted to listen to the whole thing, maybe to edit it before it was aired. So we didn't talk much, but it was cool to be in the same studio. I guess he was the most famous person I had ever met. Probably still is.
- BaldBoyFan : Pink Floyd. I put on my headphones for this. Do Not Disturb!
- BaldBoyFan : I have things to do, but I'm listening to So Old It's New instead
- Father To Son : I was in QC on the 250th anniversary of the Battle of the Plains of Abraham............Thanks for the memories Lee..........
- CKMS Community Connections : Rosie is joined by Hiba on guitar!
- CKMS Community Connections : Today Rosie Samra comes to CKMS #CommunityConnections for a Live, On-Air, In-Studio performance and interview. Listen on the radio at CKMS-FM 102.7, online at https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen, or the live YouTube video https://youtu.be/3IQkBL6Yp4g
- mr mechanical : w-w-w-w-w-wax jungle!
- Father To Son : Joe Jackson and Elvis Costello.......it doesn't get much better than that!
- Requiem : Boston Red Sox!!! On 81 82 83 84!! And Joe Jackson!
- Requiem : You want it you got it...the hottest Band in the Land! Hotter than Hell has an amazing Riff!
- Father To Son : The Hottest Band in The World.................Kiss!!!
- Requiem : yes...so I decided to play this one from last summer......!
- Father To Son : We need some heat on this icy night..............
- Requiem : Hear the songs of the Valley...warm up on R4R!
- Requiem : A show of heat on this wintery Wednesday Eve.....
- Requiem : Special Dedication to all CKMS Programmers, Board and Listeners!!
- Requiem : Thanks Father to Son. Hope it was interesting! Luv-a-lee Mate!
- Father To Son : I mean "Lovely" Show
- Father To Son : Cool Show!
- Requiem : Selling England by the Pound is a classic prog rock piece....
- Requiem : i see you're not a Genesis Fan!
- Requiem : Thanks F2S! A rerun tonight for Valentine's day.....Lovers Rock!
- Father To Son : Requiem For Rock: The Smartest Show on Radio
- Requiem : Lovers Rock for Valentine's day plus one......on Requiem for Rock tonight!
- Allie : Favourite Artists, What advice would you give your younger self, if you could meet one person dead or alive who would it be and why, a moment in history you could have been around to experience?
- Frances : Great songs tonight! I would love to hear your Easter traditions!
- Allie : Love you Nina!!
- Mike : Great showing coming up with our friend Jeff!
- NIna : Hey everyone! Mike and I are in studio tonight!! Look out
- BaldBoyFan : I do like Rick Wakeman though
- BaldBoyFan : I just tuned in, missed the Pink Floyd... .. Genesis is on now, not a fan.......... Waiting for Tarkus, its been a while since I heard that......
- Bob Jonkman : You're sounding great, Michelle!
- Bob Jonkman : We're having a great time on the air tonight!
- guest_6162michelle : how do we sound
- guest_6162michelle : how do we sound
- Requiem : Thanks for the Listen F2S!
- Requiem : Its an obscure tune....but I knew you would know it!
- Father To Son : I saw them in London about 20 years ago, reunion tour so .......yes!
- Requiem : Always happy to make memories! Yeah..sometimes get a dud paint pot! I think of all listeners you may have recognized my first tune....Grey Day.....the Guess Who?
- Father To Son : guest_508
- guest_508 : Fun show! Barb says some of the paints were dried up even before you opened them, thanks for the memories Mr. Smart!
- Requiem : Doggie Poker Games! Elvis.....all in Velvet!
- Father To Son : My favourite paint by numbers were the ones with velvet
- Requiem : Debatable! I do have a black song coming....so I guess so!
- Father To Son : Is "Black" a colour?
- Requiem : Paint by Number Rock....tonight on Requiem for Rock!
- Requiem : Indy goes best on Community Radio......CKMS!
- Father To Son : Hey it's my pleasure Kate, you have a beautiful voice
- kate blechinger : Or my cover of Joni Mitchell's tune, more specifically! I really appreciate the airplay and your support of me as an indie artist! 🙂
- kate blechinger : Thanks for playing my tune on Father to Son, Gary and Ben!
- Father To Son : Great covers by great Canadian Indie artists!!
- Father To Son : Catch my All Indie music cover show at 9 PM!!!!
- guest_4093 : we need some music
- Michael Heitmann : Please submit comments and requests
- Michael Heitmann : DJ Lucifer / Your worse than evil host on wing it Wednesday at 8pm
- Bob Jonkman : Wednesday nights has a good run of shows!
- Requiem : Great theme on the influence of J.G. Ballard on the musical and lyrical content of an era! Thanks to Lee Gregory and 81 82 83 84!
- Requiem : John Foxx PLAZA relates to Dealey Plaza. Cool.
- Requiem : Ahh here comes Gary Numan now!
- Bob Jonkman : Today's 81 82 83 84 show notes: https://radiowaterloo.ca/81-82-83-84-s02e18/
- Bob Jonkman : I don't remember it until after I left Uni, so early 80s for me
- Requiem : Interesting "crash" theme tonight on 81 82 83 84.......
- Requiem : I thought that song was slightly before the 80's. I remember hearing it at the "Back Door" Punk Bar on Victoria Street!
- Bob Jonkman : Hm. Original release date of Warm Leatherette was 1978. Must have taken a while to cross the pond
- Requiem : Another of those precious eras too delicate to survive......
- Bob Jonkman : Early 80s was the peak of synthpop
- Requiem : yes you can definitely hear those influences...synth pop evolving...
- Bob Jonkman : Or Gary Numanish
- Bob Jonkman : Very Kraftwerky
- Requiem : Warm Leatherette.......one of the strangest songs of the 1980's!
- FatherToSon : Yeah it's great. Why don't I have more of this stuff in my collection? Ahhhh it never ends..........
- Requiem : 81 82 83 84 has very cool stuff! What an era!
- Requiem : yes and ironically cell phones killed the Video Star! On my show on DJs I used this song as an intro
- Requiem : Anyone can join Spotify and listen to it I think
- FatherToSon : I love this song but I hate 'cause it's true...
- Bob Jonkman : OK. Sadly, Spotify doesn't do podcasts, only subscribers can access it through their proprietary app.
- Requiem : yes All shows on SPOTIFY
- Bob Jonkman : Are you still posting on a podcast site?
- Requiem : which ever is easier for you
- Bob Jonkman : Don't let me interfere with your schedule. I can grab it off LibreTime.
- Requiem : i can libre time schedule it. I had a different one up but if you wanna hear it again I'll post it for Friday.
- Bob Jonkman : Yes, great show! Is it on again this Friday?
- Requiem : Yes a repeat......its my Winter Dance Party show. Thanks so much for the listen Bob & Gary. Much appreciated. Hope it was of historical interest.
- FatherToSon : Great Show!
- Bob Jonkman : Ah, this is a repeat show! Missed it the first time around.
- Requiem : Yes Bob. That Poster inspires tonight!
- Bob Jonkman : The poster, or newspaper ad: https://soundfm.s3.amazonaws.com/1959NewspaperAd.jpg
- Bob Jonkman : This is all about the music from the poster that's your show logo, right?
- Requiem : Appreciate the time to listen. Thanks. Take care.
- Bob Jonkman : (here late, I'll have to catch the #Replay)
- Requiem : Yes it could be a subtle Spinal Tap reference! cool. yes 'fake out" is spelled as "take out' on the Winter Dance Party Poster.
- FatherToSon : Fake out/Take out
- FatherToSon : Sounds like Spinal Tap when they misspelled their name on the marquee to say "Spinal Tarp" ...possible reference?
- Requiem : Very cool to know I made a link for you! thanks! That'll be the day...Pilgrim!
- FatherToSon : I've been quoting that line by "The Duke" for years but never knew about this connection...thanks Mr. Smart
- Requiem : Yes....at Clear Lake Iowa...Feb 2-3 1959
- FatherToSon : Bye Bye Miss American Pie............
- Requiem : 64th anniversary of the day the music died......so a rerun......hear the Winter Dance Party show on Requiem for Rock!
- guest_114 : I hear the 'pools of light" and Pink Floyd link! cool. On Father to Son!
- FatherToSon : Hey Kyra, thanks for sending us your amazing music! Gary and Ben
- ProfJohnMaple : For anyone that would like to join us in our weekly Wednesday evening Zoom session, from 7 to 10 PM Eastern local time...
- ProfJohnMaple : https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- guest_6387 : Thank you for playing us on your wonderful show!! from Kyra and Tully
- Bob Jonkman : Vibing with DJ Maciek - but he's not on his Twitch channel tonight, so I hope he sees this: Hi DJ Maciek! o/
- Bob Jonkman : Great to have another International flavour on our schedule!
- jeff : Hi Milos in studio watch hisd how starrt feb12
- Father To Son : "The Indie Show" on Father To Son Saturday @ Noon. ............Coast to Coast... independent artists strut their stuff.........East Coast siblings "Moira and Claire", "The Sheveled ", "Jake Ian" and "Mytmaking" from Alberta, Saskatchewan's "Last Birds" Jessica Moss from Quebec with a sample from her amazing album Pools Of Light (This is the music that Pink Floyd listens to for ideas, seriously, you have to hear this stuff) and finally our dear province of Ontario's......"Ken Dunn," and "Kyra
- Requiem : That first song on 81 82 83 84 sounds right outa 1981! But its from last year! Cool tune....
- Requiem : The music IS derivative, imitative....and sooo dance-able! So I'm happy to hear Barb's dancing! Thanks for the listen.....
- Father To Son : Great Story! And Barb's Dancin' Too!
- Requiem : Hear the svengali and his stable boys...on Requiem for Rock
- Bob Jonkman : On tonight's Training session we've got returning programmer Milos Hulka who will be hosting the KW Czech & Slovak show starting in February!
- guest_9799 : Best Station in the world!
- guest_9799 : CKMS
- Requiem : Matlock woulda got her Brother off! Goodnight!
- Requiem : XTC...great early 80's Band on 81 82 83 84!
- Father To Son : He had a cheap wife who left town but that's one body that'll never be found........unless Charlie's Angel's are on the case...........good night
- Requiem : It was Kojak not Charlie Angels
- Requiem : Thanks F2S......really appreciate the listen.
- Requiem : The big belly sheriff grabbed his gun and said 'why'd ya do it?!"
- Father To Son : Great show!
- Father To Son : They hung my brother before I could say, the tracks he saw out back that night we're mine.
- Requiem : The opening riff and melody is quite similar...but yeah not the rest of the piece..
- Father To Son : No way Paul Simon should have won that, the jury must have been Puffin" Stuff
- Requiem : No.....but of the era!
- Father To Son : Charlie's Angels?
- Requiem : Beach Boys couldn't swim!
- Father To Son : Brian Wilson couldn't even surf!
- Requiem : For sure it was! Typical of a great band..Zep!
- Father To Son : That's a RIP OFF for sure!
- Requiem : The Cats who copied......on R4R.
- Requiem : The C
- Requiem : Be a rock and roll Jurist tonight....on Requiem for Rock!
- Requiem : Rat Salad drum solo... On Father to Son! When drum solos were cool!
- Requiem : The Puffinstuff gang made out alright...as you'll hear.......on Requiem for Rock!
- ProfJohnMaple : Join us in our Wednesday evening Zoom sessions! https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- ProfJohnMaple : Welcome to everyone listening in on the Golden Record podcast this evening!
- Father To Son : Requiem: Looking forward to the show this week! Too bad about H.R. Pufnstuf though ....bet ya they were not "Feelin' Groovy" after that one.
- nattyphysicist :
- jeffy : Hi Terrence
- nattyphysicist : Best station ever!
- Requiem : If we don't pledge allegiance to..CMS!
- Father To Son : Nice Alice Cooper reference by the way "We're all Huminary Stew" Great stuff!!
- Requiem : Hear the roots of the roots of Rock.........hear all on Requiem for Rock. Or catch the reprise Friday 6 pm.
- Requiem : The Tap-Roots of Rock. Thanks for listening!
- Father To Son : Rock pioneers! Great idea!
- Requiem : Thanks F2S! C.B. ...radio revolutionaries! Nice version of Spanish Ladies. And great shout out to CKMS!
- Father To Son : Thanks for the memories as usual, I had a CB radio when there were only 13 channels, that tells you how old I am...........lol, great show.......too many great talents gone!
- REQUIEM : Caligula would have blushed.....on 81 82 83 84!
- REQUIEM : Have a good week and thanks for the feedback on the sound........I needed to know that.
- Bob Jonkman : Thanx as always, Mr. Smart!
- REQUIEM : I appreciate that Bob........I hope to be interesting and share some thoughts and knowledge.
- REQUIEM : 81 82 83 84 has very cool tunes!
- Bob Jonkman : Absolutely! I come for the education!
- REQUIEM : true.......I use mostly youtube videos with old songs.......so fidelity is an issue indeed. Oh well.....hopefully the info trumps the sound quality!
- Bob Jonkman : OK, I have last week's CCC show to edit still...
- Bob Jonkman : And Lee Gregory jumps us forward a few decades from R4R...
- Bob Jonkman : I thought any fidelity issues were because of the source material - maybe before stereo was invented...
- REQUIEM : well......the other shows sound pristine compared to mine!
- Bob Jonkman : Sounds pretty good for an analogue audio jump!
- REQUIEM : Had the thing for years! lol
- REQUIEM : But I'll try to figure out that 4 Chan.
- REQUIEM : i was using the internal Mics and just recording off my PC speakers.......low techZ!
- Bob Jonkman : Looking at the Long & McQuade writeup on the H4N, says there's a 4-channel mode - 2 stereo channels for the mics, and 2 stereo channels for external inputs. Looks like a pretty fancy device!
- REQUIEM : yes an hour flies sooo fast!
- REQUIEM : I like it sweet and simple........all I'm capable of!
- Bob Jonkman : That hour goes by so fast!
- Bob Jonkman : Audacity is good for overlapping music tracks with speech too. I can always "hit the post" when I'm post-producing a show 🙂
- REQUIEM : Right. I have lots of those ums and fumbles on my show! lol........
- Bob Jonkman : Audacity is a bit heavy for just recording. But it's great for editing, especially when I'm cutting out all the Ums and Ahs from an interview
- REQUIEM : I'll work on it this week and hopefully get the Stereo working by next show....
- REQUIEM : I am trying to get a good recording method without too much techno! Audacity and such takes too long and too awkward. This way I can real-time record.
- Bob Jonkman : Yes, I'm wearing headphones right now, but of course it does it on speakers too. I was poking at the back of the speakers earlier today because there's a loose connection somewhere. I thought I had that jiggled just right to have two speakers again, but no...
- REQUIEM : I tried a new way of recording using my H4N ......two tracks.......with headphones it will play in each ear...
- REQUIEM : not a sponsor......just a shout out......
- REQUIEM : phones on?
- REQUIEM : you have head phone son?
- Bob Jonkman : The show has an odd mix today. You're in my left ear, all the music is in my right ear.
- Bob Jonkman : A sponsorship!
- REQUIEM : yeah I thought that code was different.......thanks
- Bob Jonkman : PRS is Pre-Recorded Show
- Bob Jonkman : Sorry, when you upload the show promo, it's track type VVV
- REQUIEM : Meatloaf was a bit too bombastic for my tastes. But a powerful singer with great hooks in his songs....
- Bob Jonkman : I don't think Meat Loaf ever had a dud. How many albums? And every tune on them listenable
- REQUIEM : I'll do one tomorrow....
- Bob Jonkman : Or you could just re-upload the one you had...
- Bob Jonkman : Yes. When it's uploaded tag it with "TrackType = PRS" (Show Promo) and it'll play automatically.
- REQUIEM : yes thanks. Just load it to Libre time?
- Bob Jonkman : Say, can you do another R4R promo? The one that was there has pooched out. It was just playing silence, and now I can't get it to play at all.
- REQUIEM : Thanks for joining me now.....
- Bob Jonkman : Happy New Year to you too!
- REQUIEM : Hi Bob. Happy new year!
- REQUIEM : I don't recall! Did them the years before...
- Bob Jonkman : Hi Mr. Smart! Was there an Obit Show for 2021?
- REQUIEM : Requiem for those who left the Building in 2022......on Requiem for Rock
- ProfJohnMaple : We are thankful to the Golden Record podcast for streaming our 8 to 9 PM hour when it is possible!
- ProfJohnMaple : We offer a mix of swing and blues music every Wednesday evening from 7 to 10 PM, Eastern local time...
- ProfJohnMaple : Please visit our Facebook event (publicly accessible) of our Week 145 event to find the Zoom meeting session details! https://www.facebook.com/events/894287541755793/
- ProfJohnMaple : Visit our webpage to find our upcoming online events! https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/
- Movie Buff : in Guys And Dolls, of course
- Movie Buff : Enjoying the Saturday Afternoon Matinee. Lots of songs I agree with, but there could have been some better choices. What about that three-part round about the horse race?
- Requiem : Hogmany Reprise Friday at 6.....Peace and Joy to all for 2023!
- Requiem : The Daft Days....Scottish Hogmany! now on Requiem for Rock.
- Requiem : The psychobilly Cadillac.......one piece at a time! On Father to Son!
- ProfJohnMaple : Join us in our three hour Zoom session from 7 to 10 PM on Wednesday evenings: https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- ProfJohnMaple : Thanks for stopping by to listen to our 144th Wednesday evening music gathering and our 25th Bottom of the Month Blues event!
- Requiem : Its a Requiem Christmas tonight on CKMS! With a radio play tale.......
- Requiem : Grrr ate choice for best Christmas song Father to Son! Tony the Tiger! cool. Happy Holidays!
- Mike : What is your favourite colour
- CKMS Community Connections : Today's show is the Christmas Edition with Brian Chris and Chris Collins, who perform a Live, On-Air, In-Studio Christmas Concert. Tune in at 11am on CKMS-FM 102.7 or watch the live YouTube video at https://youtu.be/2DOgfvwqDbQ
- REQUIEM : early 80's Ska Reggae on 81 82 83 84! nice genre....
- REQUIEM : Come visit the short but sweet sub-genre of BUBBLE GUM Music. On Requiem for Rock.
- REQUIEM : Thanks for the recall of the light-weight Airmail paper.....!
- REQUIEM : Ahhh Johnny O'Keefe and Iggy....coming from Teenage Head! On FATHER TO SON!
- ProfJohnMaple : Join us on Zoom after 9 PM as we continue to play music from 7 to 10 PM Eastern local time: https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- CKMS Community Connections : At 3pm the CCC guest is Andrew Jacob Rinehart: Musician, artist, cyclist, activist.
- Bob Jonkman : @NattyPhysicist is interviewing Neil, a producer of "Drop The Needle", a documentary on Hip Hop, which will screen at the Princess Cinemas on 16 and 18 December. https://twitter.com/CanterburyPro/status/1600208469038026752
- Father To Son : Nobody writes letters anymore.......so sad........remember those "Air Mail" letters? they were blue and made of really light paper so as not to weigh the plane down I guess........anyway thanks for triggering that memory.
- REQUIEM : 81 82 83 84....Electric Blue.....great melody and hooks. Have not heard that song in so long...
- REQUIEM : rock n roll love letter.......reprise 6 pm Friday.
- REQUIEM : Love Letters to all who listen...tonight.....on Requiem for Rock.
- REQUIEM : Thanks Guest..glad you enjoyed.
- REQUIEM : This is a very nice Gowan number! "Time for love".....thanks Father to Son! Gowan just never had the right management......too bad.
- Father To Son : Saw Gowan last Friday...........Now it's time to share it with ya'll............Father To Son @ 9 PM.....The Gowan Show!.....be there or................................................ be somewhere else...... 😉
- Bob Jonkman : Hi guest_9298: The show on Saturday from 10am-11am is "Deep Threes". The host usually posts the track list at http://deep3s.com/ but it looks like they're a few weeks behind. There's a contact form on their website so you can get in touch.
- guest_9298 : What is this song?
- Bob Jonkman : Sorry, it looks like our storyteller, Kerime did not have a story tonight.
- guest_1001 : Is the storytelling going to start?
- guest_8298 : Awesome radio show, the rock crusher on requiem for rock.
- Requiem : Catch the reprise Friday at 6 pm........got a crush on you!
- Requiem : Hear of the Rock Crowd Crushes...on Requiem for Rock!
- Requiem : Hope you got requests Father to Son!
- Father To Son : All request show tonight @ 9 PM on Father To Son.............
- Yenny : Hii, saw this, is cool.
- REQUIEM : 81 82 83 84: Echo & BunnyMen....the Puppet. Fall 1980 I think.....
- REQUIEM : Hear England's newest Hitmakers...hear America come to Britain and back again ... hear all tonight on Requiem for Rock.
- Father To Son : 2112 tonight at 7PM...................no more needs to be said.
- DropInDJ : Dropped In a few songs...
- REQUIEM : Nice set list 81 82 83 84!
- REQUIEM : Pump it up on 81 82 83 84!!!! Elvis Costello and U.S. Politics!
- Bob Jonkman : G'night!
- Bob Jonkman : I'm thinking you won't even have to leave 1963 to fill an hour...
- REQUIEM : Thanks so much for sharing Bob. Be well and safe...
- REQUIEM : Hope you can join me for England's Newest Hitmakers next week!
- Bob Jonkman : OK, looking forward to it! Thanx again, Mr. Smart!
- REQUIEM : Recorded mostly in Mono too! With small amps. But amazing sound. Next week I'll bring a lot more of that sound.....
- Bob Jonkman : Listening to the thin, tinny sounds of these guitars you'd never think the Stones would be the biggest rock band ever.
- REQUIEM : oh yeah......gotta be a hundred. Love this Stones version.....
- Bob Jonkman : There must be a bunch of covers of "Route 66"
- REQUIEM : Great Idea! Started as Urban street music in the 40's...acapella style.
- Bob Jonkman : Hm. OK, we need an R4R show on the Doo Wop progression in music
- REQUIEM : even a lot of Punk stuff of the 70's is doo-wop based
- REQUIEM : yeah? I think doowop was the base sound of that era...pop music wise.
- Bob Jonkman : Hm. I remember the Osmonds and Tony Orlando, and they made catchy pop tunes, but I don't remember there being much doo-wop going on.
- REQUIEM : usually faster tempos though......3 dog night for example.....Osmonds...Tony Orlando etc.
- REQUIEM : oh yes......early 70's pop was very heavily doo-wop influenced....
- Bob Jonkman : 1971? With all those "Sha-na-nas" I thought it would have been much earlier. Was "Sha-na-na" and "Doo Wop" still in vogue in the 70s?
- REQUIEM : So it will be on next Wed.
- REQUIEM : Yes....I decided to defer that one to next week.
- Bob Jonkman : I just realized - This isn't the show you uploaded today...
- REQUIEM : Awww! 🙂
- Bob Jonkman : Sorry, no Apples. I only have Linux 🙂
- REQUIEM : Hi Bob......thanks for the listen.
- REQUIEM : Its ok.....as long as you brought me an Apple!
- Bob Jonkman : Hi Mr. Smart! Sorry I'm late for class...
- REQUIEM : @81 82 83 84..........my Route 66 show tonight! Come ride the ghost road....
- REQUIEM : @FATHER & SON: Thanks so much for the nice comment and the listen. Ah StreetHeart! Didn't know about the Small Faces tune......I like their Under my Thumb.
- Tickler : Dr. Tikl is on the air, Klausterfokking the airwaves!
- Father To Son : Requiem: Nice show, I think Streetheart covered a Small Faces tune....Tin Soldier maybe....
- Requiem : 81 82 83 84............route 66 road trip! Its a musical and spiritual ride!
- Requiem : Catch the reprise......Friday at 6 pm.....
- Requiem : The Al Capone of Rock.....tonight on Requiem for Rock!
- Bob Jonkman : DJ Magic rocking it as usual on Late Night Vibes. Follow along on his Twitch stream (which may go longer than the on-air show!) https://www.twitch.tv/dj__maciek
- KW is for KraftWerk : Nice mix tonite!
- REQUIEM : well its an amalgam........music to juxtapose the nasty.....
- Bob Jonkman : Yes. I'm not sure the actual horror came across. I get carried away by the music...
- REQUIEM : I deviated a bit from my usual Halloween special. Real Horror instead...
- Bob Jonkman : And really, I wasn't expecting a Halloween show at all.
- Bob Jonkman : Yes! Not what I was expecting for a Halloween show, but that's just me.
- REQUIEM : Was the show of interest?
- Bob Jonkman : Thanx once again, Mr. Smart! There's more history out there than I'll ever know.
- Bob Jonkman : Apparently not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Belafonte And that should have been in the present tense...
- REQUIEM : No. he was from Harlem NY.
- Bob Jonkman : Was Harry Belafonte Haitian?
- REQUIEM : Haiti Cherie Harry Belafonte.....
- Bob Jonkman : I can believe that...
- REQUIEM : Screamin Jay Hawkins. was blind drunk when he recorded that one...
- REQUIEM : Ha 🙂
- Bob Jonkman : Doesn't work on my keyboard either...
- REQUIEM : Orchestra
- REQUIEM : Charlie Barnet Orechestra
- Bob Jonkman : What's the orchstra?
- REQUIEM : You got me VOO--DOOD! Mary McCall 1940...
- REQUIEM : That border area was a bad place to be indeed at one time...as you may hear on the show tonight......
- Bob Jonkman : I went to Dominican Republic for vacation about 35 years ago. Took a bus tour across the border to Haiti. The contrast in living conditions was severe...
- REQUIEM : a beautiful and cursed nation.
- Bob Jonkman : Yes, Haiti has been in the news, and not for happy news...
- REQUIEM : thanks for joining me!
- REQUIEM : yes.......real Horror ...in Haiti.....
- Bob Jonkman : Hi Mr. Smart! Just tuned in, trying to figure out tonight's theme. "Halloween Haiti"???
- REQUIEM : Halloween Haiti..........tonight on Requiem for Rock!
- ProfJohnMaple : Thanks for listening with us on our 136th Wednesday edition of our swing and blues evening! If you would like to join us on Zoom, please find tonight's event here: https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- Father To Son : PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO OUR SHOW TONIGHT!!!!..................if you are alone.......................Father To Son's very Scaaaarrrrrry Halloween Show...................7 PM tonight.........be there or ...........be somewhere else I guess...........BwaaaaaaaHaHaHaHaHaHa...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Bob Jonkman : Tonight's 81-82-83-84 playlist: https://radiowaterloo.ca/81-82-83-84-s02e05/
- Bob Jonkman : OK, "Computer Love" is not the Kraftwerk track I would have chosen. Very un-Kraftwerk-like.
- Bob Jonkman : Yes, looking forward to this episode!
- Requiem : Check out 81 82 83 84........great first tune.......The Robot!
- Requiem : yes another show done. Appreciate any listens! Take care......lightness your way!
- Bob Jonkman : Another one wraps up! Thanx Mr. Smart!
- Bob Jonkman : Ah, thx.
- Requiem : Sister Rosetta THARPE
- Bob Jonkman : Rosetta Park? (not sure I caught that...)
- Requiem : yeah......would be a nuisance! No Ads on CKMS.......mostly.
- Bob Jonkman : My car radio buttons are mostly tuned to C/C stations and the CBC
- Bob Jonkman : I'm not sure I could handle commercials on the radio.
- Requiem : lol....right.......a light show!!
- Bob Jonkman : A Light Show!
- Requiem : Songs of the Light.......for Diwali.....on Requiem for Rock tonight....
- Requiem : And a horrorshow nasty scene it was oh my Brothers at Saturday Matinee!
- Bob Jonkman : Now that the #WRpoli election is over and the ballots have been counted and the tears have been shed it's time to listen to some DJ Magic on CKMS-FM 102.7!
- kerime_2490 : Hi I am in training, any questions ?
- nattyphysicist : Reggae Patrol!! Loving the 90s vibes
- Bob Jonkman : DJ Carmelo is really hitting it tonight on Street Hop!
- Saturday Afternoon Matinee : Hey did you know Malcolm Mc Dowell improvised the scene with Singin' In the Rain? I guess Kubrick thought the scene was too dull so he asked Malcolm to spice it up a little.......and the rest is cinematic history!
- Bob Jonkman : Thanx! I'll be back when I can!
- REQUIEM : well thanks again for the listen. see ya!
- REQUIEM : be a lot of fun. Bill Black style!
- REQUIEM : play along with a straight 12 bar blues back track on youtube. Any key. You'll get the hang of it.....
- Bob Jonkman : Actually, my friend Jeremiah of the Brantford Folk Club showed me a simple bass line suitable for "The Cat Came Back" or "16 Tons". Must practice again!
- REQUIEM : aww a stand up Bass must be played! You could learn some 12 bar blues stuff on it........
- Bob Jonkman : Sadly, I don't play the stand-up bass. Somehow, I can't manage music on strings. OTOH, I've got a few harmonicas I can tootle a tune on, and just found a recorder (learned to play that in Grade 6). But strings? T'ain't natural.
- REQUIEM : good to hear......I hop eto put out something intesting for listeners.
- Bob Jonkman : Yup! Always is.
- REQUIEM : do you play that stand up bass?
- REQUIEM : Thanks for the listen Bob! Hope it was of interest.....
- Bob Jonkman : Thanx Mr. Smart!
- REQUIEM : lol....Thats what old Cy Leslie was all about! The great songs...for half the price!
- Bob Jonkman : Now that's my kind of album, all the cover versions!
- REQUIEM : So hard to find someone with a stand up Bass! I got the guitars!
- Bob Jonkman : Hm. I wish I was more well-rounded in my music listening. Don't have a guitar, but there's this stand-up bass I need some help with...
- REQUIEM : yeah I get that......
- Bob Jonkman : Comes from too much reading, and not enough socializing
- REQUIEM : Foo-Gay-Zee
- Bob Jonkman : I've always pronounced it "Foo Gah Zee"...
- REQUIEM : As much distribution as possible!
- Bob Jonkman : At some point we may make them available as podcasts. There was a project to make this happen a few years ago, but it stalled.
- REQUIEM : good to know......thanks.
- Bob Jonkman : If you ever need the, we have an audio log on the Studio-to-Transmitter-Link. They're kept for a month in case the CRTC wants to check up...
- REQUIEM : I'll do the Glam one next time you think you can listen Bob. Thanks
- REQUIEM : yes a lot needed re-recorded.....as I recorded them off the radio when at the studio live! yak!
- Bob Jonkman : So it's time.
- REQUIEM : I played the clockwork funeral march on the Queens show couple of weeks ago........
- Bob Jonkman : Cool. I think the first edition played about two years ago...
- REQUIEM : Well I reworked it and re-recorded.......had poor sound first edition. I found the Glam one too!
- Bob Jonkman : Is this a repeat, or Fugazi Part Deux?
- Bob Jonkman : I heard "Funeral March for Queen Mary" played on a pipe organ recently. Until then, I only knew the Wendy Carlos version...
- REQUIEM : To SATURDAY AFTERNOON MATINEE: Clockwork Orange.....greatest soundtrack ever!
- ProfJohnMaple : Please find the Zoom link for our three hour online Wednesday swing and blues gatherings in one of these event listings! https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- Saturday Afternoon Matinee : Carlos.........
- Saturday Afternoon Matinee : Get Ready for another futuristic classic, this Saturday we present the music from Stanley Kubrick''s classic......A Clockwork Orange by Walter
- DropIn DJ : Of course, all the song titles will be the same...
- DropIn DJ : Program playlist for tonight (songs, artists) available on request.
- DropIn DJ : OK, I'm satisfied.
- DropIn DJ : Are you satisfied yet?
- Bob Jonkman : Barbara: We watched Bladerunner (Director's Cut, not the "Final Cut" last night. Seemed fitting!
- DropIn DJ : Get some satisfaction on tonight's Dropin DJ, starting at 12:30am!
- Terrence Denny : Hi Sherice! it's Terry D giving you a big shout out, my very first show debuts tomorrow morning at 5 AM- &AM.
- suzy : Leave us a question!
- Bob Jonkman : Oooh, Vangelis!
- Barbara Urbach : Saturday Afternoon Matinee, this Saturday @ 1 PM...........featuring Blade Runner .........Music by Vangelis
- Barbara Urbach : Just heard my promo...........cool!
- Bob Jonkman : Hm. Only catching the last half hour of Pressure Drop now.
- REQUIEM : Quick recovery to Lee at 81 82 83 84!
- REQUIEM : Actual name of the song is "road without end"
- REQUIEM : send your email addy to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the Prize!
- REQUIEM : Right Natasha. You win a free lesson!! Good job!
- Natasha : Mystery song is the theme song from The littlest Hobo!
- REQUIEM : Hear the lonesome whistle........the TRAIN as muse for Rock. On Requiem for Rock.
- ProfJohnMaple : Here are tonight's event details where the Zoom link and information could be found: https://www.facebook.com/events/1271766176906459
- ProfJohnMaple : Please join us if you would like to continue listening to us until 10 PM this evening! https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- Requiem : Reruns on Requiem this week......back "live " next week. Thanks to listeners.
- Requiem : Bob: Yeah wonder why we're hearing SexPistols God save the Queen so much!? If you notice on the version I played, somebody had already over-dubbed "King" over "Queen!"
- Requiem : To Father to Son: Not many Shows that can match Alice!
- ProfJohnMaple : Join us live on Zoom every Wednesday evening from 7 to 10 PM Eastern local time! https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- Father To Son : Father To Son tonight at 7 PM.........If You Love The Dead...............
- Father To Son : The Alice Cooper Show...Took Ben to see Alice two weeks ago and he loved it! Listen to our reactions to the show and hear some live audio of the encore!
- Bob Jonkman : Ah yes, The Sex Pistols's "God Save The Queen". That's been getting a lot of airplay on CKMS the last couple of weeks. No doubt an editorial decision by someone 🙂
- Bob Jonkman : OK, back to catch the rest of Requiem For Rock Queen Edition!
- Requiem : I'll let you know when I rebroadcast the Glam Edition.....
- Requiem : Thanks for listening Bob! Take care
- Bob Jonkman : Sorry, gotta go. Will catch the rest on Friday.
- Bob Jonkman : If you're short of an episode, I'd love to hear it!
- Requiem : Yes there is. A long time ago. I could revive it ......
- Bob Jonkman : Is there an R4R on Glam Rock?
- Requiem : lol Gary Glitter! He played a part in his time.....schlock Glam! Screaming Lord Sutch was the Godfather of Glam.
- Bob Jonkman : When I hear Glam Rock I think Gary Glitter, and then my knowledge runs out.
- Requiem : Oh yes. Big Hair was really a "hair extension" ( groan) of earlier Glam! Glam was a creative force indeed. Got a couple of glam songs to come on the show tonight.....
- Bob Jonkman : And that's a whole 'nother genre I know little about, Glam Rock. Is that different from Big Hair Rock?
- Requiem : Be worth doing. He was a real influence on Glam to come.....
- Bob Jonkman : Hm. Maybe I can play a whole set of Donovan on Drop-In DJ some night.
- Requiem : Donovan: A lot of great psychedelia stuff. Sunshine Superman...jennifer Juniper......etc. Queen Mab.
- Bob Jonkman : I really only know "Mellow Yellow", but I know he did a lot more. Will have to rabbithole YouTube later!
- Requiem : yes it's a nice piece . QUEEN MAB....Donovan
- Requiem : As if to answer yoru question.......just said so on the show!
- Bob Jonkman : This is nice tho. Psychedelic Donovan?
- Requiem : Yeah...and pretentious on the surface. Though that might be ok too!
- Bob Jonkman : That's what I'm having trouble envisioning. "Queen" might have been a double entendre. "King" is just, well, monarchous.
- Requiem : True. Just "KING".......might work?!
- Bob Jonkman : Yeh, but that's not the same...
- Requiem : King Crimson?
- Bob Jonkman : I can't imagine a rock group named "King"...
- Requiem : Gotta stretch it all out a wee bit more...!
- Bob Jonkman : I thought we were done with Queen things after Monday...
- Requiem : Queen as Muse........on Requiem for Rock! And an adios to the great Sonny West.....OH BOY, RAVE ON!
- Bob Jonkman : Monday nights are so good for music. "Father To Son", "So Old It's New", "Klausterfokken", and now "Late Night Vibes". I'm glad DJ Maciek got logged in tonight.
- DropInDJ : Maybe modelling some covers, remixes, and mashups...
- Requiem : Love is a helluva drug........on 81 82 83 84!!
- Requiem : Come to the last Drive-In ........on Requiem for Rock.....hear all....the rise and fall of that mid 20th century Icon.....
- ProfJohnMaple : Continue listening to us by joining our Zoom session! https://www.facebook.com/WESwingDance/events/
- Late Night Viber : It's DJ Magic!
- REQUIEM : Check out great set list of 81 82 83 84 tonight..on the Home Page.
- REQUIEM : Hear about the GO-BOY on REQUIEM FOR ROCK...! Now PRS live... Wednesday at 10 pm....
- BaldBoyFan : Great music! I like following along with Bald Boy's notes https://radiowaterloo.ca/so-old-its-new-set-list-for-monday-sept-5-2022-on-air-8-10-pm-et/
- nattyphysicist : DJ Ventura is live now https://www.instagram.com/v3nturamedia/?hl=en
- BLUE : Bug up
- Requiem : Jah Wobble and Johnny Rotten!
- Requiem : Happy 50th Show to 81 82 83 84!
- Requiem : Hear the September Songs...now on Requiem for Rock!
- Bob Jonkman : Listening to DJ Maciek two nights in a row. Yesterday on Drop-In DJ, tonight on Late Night Vibes
- Maciek : Great idea Karlo, I will spread the word 🙂
- Bob Jonkman : Anyway, tell your friends! Drop-In DJ is open to all CKMS programmers!
- Bob Jonkman : Drop-In DJ came from an idea from Karlo Berkovich, "DJ Bald Boy" of "So Old It's New". Possibly it's on the schedule a bit later at night than he expected...
- Bob Jonkman : Yes, good music! Thanx!
- Maciek : That was fun. Thank you Bob
- Bob Jonkman : More summertime!
- Bob Jonkman : Sounds great!
- Maciek : I'll set up and go on around 1 am, is that ok?
- Maciek : great playlist so far...
- Bob Jonkman : I'd rather listen to you!
- Bob Jonkman : Although I might have had a hand in pre-scheduling it 🙂
- Bob Jonkman : No, we're listening to pre-scheduled content.
- Maciek : Are you on now?
- Bob Jonkman : Go for it!
- Maciek : Hey Bob. If no one else wants to jump on, I can go
- Bob Jonkman : Hey DJ Maciek! You going on the radio tonight?
- Maciek : Summertime!!!! great covers
- ClezUsest :
- REQUIEM : Cool cover version of the Velvet Underground's "all tomorrow's parties" on 81 82 83 84.......
- REQUIEM : Hear the contribution of the CROONERS.......on Requiem for Rock!
- REQUIEM : 2021 Golden MP3 Award for Talk......on Requiem for Rock!
- DropIn DJ : Maybe I'll play some St. James Infirmary tonight...
- REQUIEM : Nice set list!
- REQUIEM : Heaven awaits on 81 82 83 84!
- REQUIEM : Music in the time of the Cholera....Galt Ontario.......on Requiem for Rock.
- ProfJohnMaple : If you would like to join us on a Wednesday evening from 7 to 10 PM, please use this Zoom one-click meeting invite link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88420069436?pwd=bzJQdDVGelNUQ25lTmMyTDFmT0Nrdz09
- Drop-In DJ : Playing around with some Green Onions tonight...
- Requiem : Come hear the influence of an Office Building on Rock........the BRILL BUILDING. On Requiem for Rock.
- REQUIEM : Hear the songs from down in the Valley....Death Valley. On Requiem for Rock.....
- REQUIEM : MidSummer Night on REQUIEM FOR ROCK
- Bob Jonkman : You can find JP Sunga online at https://www.jpsunga.com/
- Bob Jonkman : Hi guest_9233: From 12:21pm-12:25pm on Saturday, 16 July 2022 we played a track by local musician JP Sunga called "In My Bones"
- guest_9233 : would you happen to know the artist as well?
- WAMfan : Is it Valentine's Day?
- guest_9233 : What song was playing around 12:23 today? "Did you think we'd be satisfied" or something like that was a line
- Julie : Honestly, all the rhyme is against the ladies. Are all you guys lovin MEN?
- Julie : Show is hype as always!
- Julie : How are you Carlos
- REQUIEM : ok.............enjoy the beverages! goodnight
- Bob Jonkman : I'll drop in on Friday to have a listen to the beverage gap.
- Bob Jonkman : In theory, once it's available on a public platform there's no need to put it on additional platforms
- REQUIEM : glad you liked the show. Take care Bob and thanks again.
- REQUIEM : Yes...be nice to do it once and then buttons to upload to other platforms
- Bob Jonkman : Good show tonight! Thanx!
- Bob Jonkman : And you're uploading your shows a few more times, to !eDDS and to Spotify...
- Bob Jonkman : But it would be nice to have a single repository for pre-recorded shows that we also want to distribute as podcasts. Right now we have to upload them twice (once to LibreTime for broadcast, once to the website for podcast distribution)
- REQUIEM : thanks for your time and help as always
- Bob Jonkman : The LibreTime library (where you upload your shows) isn't publicly visible. Largely that's so we don't accidentally distribute copyrighted music in the library
- REQUIEM : yes I need to do that......
- Bob Jonkman : Join us some Sunday night at 8:30pm for a ProgCom / Drop-In DJ / Training session, and we can go over creating episode pages and podcasts
- REQUIEM : ok thanks.
- REQUIEM : i tried that before with no success.......sigh
- Bob Jonkman : No, it's one-way in the other direction
- REQUIEM : well if it is an easy click to upload Requiem from Libre...that would be nice. If not, I'l lhave to try to figure it out...
- Bob Jonkman : On the other hand, if you create episode pages here on radiowaterloo.ca then you can add the sound file, and that creates an automatic podcast, similar to what !eDDS and Spotify offer
- Bob Jonkman : And while I think I can upload to !eDDS I'm not sure I can upload to the Requiem program
- REQUIEM : No I want to stick with what I am doing rather than use a different platform like earshot.
- REQUIEM : But if from there it can be sent to earshot.
- Bob Jonkman : Sorry, I meant that if you're uploading to !eDDS then I can add that feed to automatically get them into LibreTime.
- REQUIEM : i mean I'd rather upload the show onto CKMS Libretime as always.
- REQUIEM : Well if you can do that and its not a lot of work for you. At least till I can figure it out.
- Bob Jonkman : I suppose I could set up LibreTime to download from !eDDS like we do for other NCRA syndicated programs. But I prever that you do it, that way you have some control over the schedule
- REQUIEM : well i just want to make the show available to them in case they will play it somewhere.
- Bob Jonkman : !earshot DDS is a great idea, but it lacks something in a good user experience
- REQUIEM : uploading to ckms libretime won't change though, right?
- REQUIEM : Thanks for the reply regards Earshot. It s confusing...
- Bob Jonkman : ...syndicated *to* us, I guess.
- REQUIEM : cool to have programmers from all over......
- Bob Jonkman : ...and all original CKMS programming, not just syndicated by us
- Bob Jonkman : Yes, CKMS is quite the international station. 81 82 83 84 from Texas, Late Night Vibes from California, From The Void from Nova Scotia...
- REQUIEM : 81 82 83 84 .......from Texas!
- REQUIEM : Appreciate the listen.........for sure.
- Bob Jonkman : I'll have to listen again on Friday
- REQUIEM : No problem lol.
- Bob Jonkman : Sorry, I stepped out for a beverage at one point...
- REQUIEM : I played that song on the show tonight....
- Bob Jonkman : Muddy Waters' version of Rollin Stone
- REQUIEM : to what?
- Bob Jonkman : I'm going have do some YouTube rabbitholing to listen to that...
- REQUIEM : The Stones took the name from that Muddy waters tune....rollin stone...
- REQUIEM : its certainly a popular phrase in Music!
- Bob Jonkman : Before I knew that "Rolling Stone" was a magazine I thought that "The Cover of Rolling Stone" had something to do with an album sleeve of The Rolling Stones...
- REQUIEM : Yeah me too. He was more talented than he ever got credit for.
- Bob Jonkman : He's still an older kid than me...
- REQUIEM : I know! I remember when he was an older kid than me when he put that one out
- Bob Jonkman : Donny Osmond sounds *so young*!
- REQUIEM : Right.
- Bob Jonkman : Because most local musicians haven't charted on Billboard we can categorize their music, um, "creatively" and avoid exceeding the Rock Pop and Dance limit
- REQUIEM : Absolutely! Long live free CKMS radio!
- Bob Jonkman : There's our niche, the anti-corporate-shill DJs for local musicians!
- REQUIEM : I see. Canuck Kremlin style control from a Madison ave. company!
- Bob Jonkman : And then the CRTC specifically names Billboard Canada as one of those arbiters
- Bob Jonkman : In our Programming Committee meetings we're constantly juggling programs so that we don't exceed the allowed amount of "Rock Pop and Dance" music "as determined by trade publications"
- REQUIEM : wow. Interesting...hmm.
- Bob Jonkman : Even today, the CRTC determines what and how much popular music we can play on Community Radio based on the charts published in Billboard Magazine
- REQUIEM : Hi Bob. Yes....Print Rock!
- Bob Jonkman : Listenin g to a show about reading...
- REQUIEM : Hear the influence of PRINT ROCK ....the Fanzines.........on popular music. Hear all on Requiem for Rock
- Bob Jonkman : What's playing on Golden Record tonight?
- Bob Jonkman : DJ Cool, live in the studio this afternoon!
- FatherToSon : 7 PM Tonight
- FatherToSon : It's....................The question show on Father To Son.......Songs with a question in the title also the return of Ben.............So.....Any questions?.....Ben there or be........somewhere else I guess!!!
- Bob Jonkman : o/
- wadiowam : :3
- wadiowam : any 90s music lovers out there?
- Bob Jonkman : Natty Physicist mixing some Jungle and D&B in the studio tonight!
- REQUIEM : Hear urban blight and great rock as we visit Detroit Rock City and hear its influences.
- Bob Jonkman : Abuobeida Mudawi has some guest spots on the Training Show tonight!
- Bob Jonkman : It's Training Time on CKMS-FM, every Sunday at 8:30pm
- Requiem : Nice set list on 81 82 83 84!
- Requiem : Glad to know someone is out there listening! OK "Misty" next show!
- Natasha : Play Misty for Me
- Natasha : Won’t miss your show!
- Requiem : Many thanks for listening Natasha!
- Natasha : Great Canadian music Mr. Smart!
- Requiem : To celebrate Canada Day......
Thanks to Our friends at KWVoIP.ca for keeping us streaming!
166 thoughts on “Listen Live”
Anabela we want to hear more ????
Why doesn’t “listen live” take you directly to the streaming link?
Rock on ????
What song just played at 3.45
Mazaj Show plays from 2pm to 8pm on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. To get the playlist for a show send an e-mail to email@example.com
Waiting to hear Reggae Patrol. “Start the helicopter”
These guys rock your Saturday evenings.
Riley and Steph you guys are awesome together, funny and great to listen too…
I do not know what is wrong with your CKMS 102.7 FM logo because since four weeks I can not open your radio station to listen to your programs on-line.When I click on LISTEN LIVE it does not open.
Hi Berislav: The logo links to the home page; try https://radiowaterloo.ca/listen where you can click on our stream at http://radiowaterloo.ca/stream
Crazy Prodigy mixes at the end of Souljah Sessions, wish I was recording. Locked in for Street hop next!
Nice, I’m liking DNB a lot recently. I’m still new to the genre, nice to hear some alternative music in the region.
@ Reggae Patrol..We love the vibes!??
Soundin Good Thursday Nights 1O2.7 CKMS FM!!
Rastafari… Awesome track!
Loving the vibes??
shawn Bush on Reggae Patrol
a the Boss????
Reggae Patrol ??????
Every Saturday 6-7pm
So lovin It’s a Vibe. Shrerice picks the best to play.
Loving the vibes Sherice … makes me wanna get up and dance!!!!
Hey Jesse Stewart, your Uncle Roland & Aunt Yvonne are listening from Campbell River, your home town on Vancouver Island!
whats the name of the remix of sister nancy ?
into the void is the most intense, far reaching radio show you’ll ever hear. chris sherren is a musical genious. keep listening. there is so much here.
Thank you so much!!! Keep tuned!
Shawn Bush, Mad!!! ??
Shoutouts to mop head. Very Informative of hip hop and a down to earth human. A damn good radio host.
Hey man, appreciate the love!
Yoooo!!! Thank you for playing all the classic 2008ighties / BRKF$T CLUB songs. You just took me back too a really fun time in my life lol
It’s crazy to know someone really appreciated our earlier work! Thank you for this and the vibes ??
Thanks so much for this radio,i can listen songs from my country Uganda
Thanks for the interview DJ Cool.
Great, funky music Riley. Your always great to listen to.
DJ Cool is very entertaining and representative in his culture. Thank you DJ Cool, keep up the good work!!!
Thank you very Much for the compliments Cam
Very much appreciated
Please keep listening
DJ Cool Afternoon Drive Mondays 4to6pm
Reggae Patrol is ???
Reggae patrol a my show I’m all the way in brampton and I hold a vibes to this show on a Saturday evening needs more time though
Great show by DJ Ryan on Ted’s Night Feedzz. Love the selections, varity and explanatory narrative.
Vibes nice! Every Saturday as always.