Shiv Talwar and Robyn LeBron-Anders join Bob Jonkman to talk about the Spiritual Heritage Education Network (SHEN), the upcoming “Teaching Unity in Diversity” conference, the books they’ve written. Shiv even conducts a breathing workshop for Bob!
The interview starts at 3m44s.
Spiritual Heritage Education Network:
- Website: https://spiritualeducation.org/
- Twitter: @SpiritualEd | Twitter
- Facebook: Spiritual Heritage Education Network Inc. (SHEN) | Facebook
- YouTube: SHEN | YouTube
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: +1‑226‑240‑0364
- Website: https://www.interfaiththrueducation.com/
- Twitter: @RobynELeBron | Twitter
- Facebook: Robyn E. Anders
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deep Breathing Sessions
Deep Breathing Sessions with Shiv Talwar are held every Monday evening from 7:00pm to 8:30pm on Zoom through the Civic Hub Online. Workshops are on hold while Shiv is giving lectures and preparing for the conference; they’ll resume on Monday, 5 October 2020.
Saturday, September 26 (10:00am – 12:30pm, EDT)
- Introduction to the Spiritual Heritage Education Network (SHEN)
- Sharing of SHEN’s work over the past 20 years’ contemplative education
- The proposal to re-envision and redesign education
Sunday, October 4 (10:00am – 12:30pm, EDT)
- What is holistic science?
- The convergence of metaphysics, scripture, and modern science
Saturday, October 10 (10:00am – 12:30pm, EDT)
- Why contemplative education?
- What does it help us see and learn that we can’t from traditional education models?
- How do we get there?
- Examples of contemplative education from the past and present. How does it inform our work?
Sunday, October 18 (10:00am – 12:30pm, EDT)
- Overview of conference working sessions to date and next steps for the proposal
- Integrating contemplative education in educational models worldwide and implications for public policy
Agenda for each session:
- 10:00am — 10:10am: Introductions
- 10:10am — 11:00am: Presentation and comment/reflection on key theme
- 11:00am — 11:15am: Break
- 11:15am — 12:30pm: Curated discussions
Download: ckms-community-connections-2020-09-14-episode059.mp3 (55.4 MB, 57m36s, episode 059)
|0m00s||Theme for CKMS Community Connections ccc||Steve Todd||CKMS Community Connections|
|0m26s||Slip Away||D. Marvan||
|3m44s||Shiv Talwar introduces the Envision the Future of Education conference, SHEN, the Spiritual Heritage Education Network, and the goals of the organization and the conference. Robyn LeBron-Anders will speak at the conference to put Shiv’s ideas into layman’s language.|
|25m00s||Shiv gives Bob a personalized workshop on breathing.|
|37m55s||Mario Takes A Walk||Jesse Cook||
|41m34s||Talking to Robyn LeBron-Anders about her books and the work she’s done on creating world religion courses. Final thoughts: Think of your children and grandchildren, and how they can live in harmony with the rest of the world.|
and end credits