Jeff Stager and Bob Jonkman interview Brian Doucet, the Canada Research Chair in Urban Change and Social Inclusion at the University of Waterloo’s School of Planning joining us for the second time, and Sandee Lovas, an activist with Alliance Against Poverty with us for the first time to talk about the ION/LRT, gentrification, housing, and free transit.
You can hear Brian’s previous interview on our 13 May 2019 show.
Brian Doucet’s articles in The Record:
- ION LRT will reshape development in Waterloo Region for decades to come
- LRT development boom is squeezing out affordable housing
Article in The Record on Sandee Lovas’s imminent eviction:
Sandee’s delegation to Waterloo City Council on 27 May 2019:
YouTube: Affordable Housing – Sandee Lovas
Sandee Lovas writes that Grand River Transit should have free transit for an entire month:
…and another reader advocates for free transit too:
- 0h00m27s: Storm — Thompson Egbo-Egbo
- 0h05m14s: Descend into the sun — JWMB3 on Forest City Series Vol. 3 from 94.9 CHRW / Radio Western
- 0h32m13s: Love Me Forever — RADIO77
- 0h32m55s: When It Rains Master Radio Edit — Rob Whiskey
- 1h04m09s: Penny Lane — Richard Garvey
- 1h25m05s: Metal Is King — Tower of Dudes
- 1h27m50s: Wait On Me — The Strangemakers
- 1h58m28s: Shine A Light — Lenoire
- 1h58m54s: Did You Land Your Mark Upon The Sun — No Museums
Download: ckms-community-connections-2019-06-24.mp3 (165 MiBytes, 1h59m49s, episode 13)
CKMS Community Connections airs on CKMS-FM 102.7 every Monday from 10:00am to Noon.
Three in-studio pictures of guests Brian Doucet and Sandee Lovas, and hosts Jeff Stager and Bob Jonkman.