Tiffany Ayalik from Quantum Tangle
Tiffany Ayalik and Bob Jonkman talk about indigenous music, especially throat singing; preservation of Inuktitut culture and the Inuituktin language; and the music of Quantum Tangle.
The interview starts at 31m02s.
- Twitter: @TiffanyAyalik
- Twitter: @piqsiq (Kayley Inuksuk Mackay and Tiffany Kuliktana Ayalik as a duo)
- Twitter: @QuantumTangle
- Facebook: Quantum Tangle
- Instagram: @Quantum.Tangle
- Bandcamp: Shelter as we go… | Quantum Tangle
- Website: Quantum Tangle – Home
2019 was the United Nations International Year Of Indigenous Languages
Don’t forget to check the amazing catalogue of Indigenous music from Nikamowin!
Download: ckms-community-connections-2020-01-06.mp3 (80.3 MiBytes, 58m27s, episode 34)
- 00m25s: Ramon Taranco — Desperate Love from the Cuban Blues Man album
- 0h04m13s: Devil Can Blues — Ramon Taranco
- 10m03s: Carver Baronda — If Nothing Else Comes Along from the Spooky Love EP
- 13m07s: Guy Major — Be There from the Northern Sky album
- 15:31s: Nolto, Dayda Banks & Trill Monroe — Yellow Bricks from the album SADS (Sudden Arrhythmic Death Syndrome)
- 19m35s: Guy Major — First Thing from the Northern Sky album
- 24m25s: Life Is Like A Storm — Peter Alexander Lawryniuk
- 27m16s: Quantum Tangle — Love Is Love, part 1 from the Shelter As We Go… album
- 31m02s: Talking about Shelter As We Go…, Greyson Gritt and Inuksuk Mackay of Quantum Tangle, the album cover, throat singing, partnering with Nikamowin, the single Signal with Lydia Képinski
- 42m38s: Lydia Képinski and Quantum Tangle — Signal
- 48m46s: Indigenous music in the mainstream, reacquiring the Inuituktin language, on tour in Denmark with cousin Hannah.
- 52m47s: Quantum Tangle — Angnahiak from the Shelter As We Go… album
- 54m30s: Memories of Angnahiak
- 55m22s: Quantum Tangle — Tiny Hands (Reimagined) from the Shelter As We Go… album
CKMS Community Connections Hour One airs on CKMS-FM 102.7 on Monday from 11:00am to Noon, and Hour Two airs on Friday from 2:00pm to 3:00pm.