Peter Alexander Lawryniuk and Bruce Mutton join Bob Jonkman in the studio for a Live, On-Air, In-Studio Performance! Peter talks about his accident, being a brain injury survivor, his certification as an Early Childhood Educator Apprentice, and his wide range of community volunteering.
The interview starts at 4m38s.
Lessons from Peter’s Mom:
- Never give up
- Look forward, not backwards
- Think positive, not negative
- Take one day at a time
- You can do anything you put your mind to
Connect With Peter Online
If you’d like to hire Peter Lawryniuk as a motivational speaker you can contact him at:
- Facebook: peter.lawryniuk
- YouTube: pal00005
- Twitter: @Pal00005
- SoundCloud: Peter Alexander Lawryniuk
- Instagram: @pal005
- LinkedIn: Peter Lawryniuk
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1‑519‑716‑4113
Organizations Helping Brain Injury Survivors:
- Sunrise Therapeutic Riding & Learning Centre
- The Michael Fleming Centre at the Forward Baptist Church in Cambridge
- Open Space — Extend-a-Family
- Opportunity Centre — Acquired Brain Injury Day Program
- CPRI: Child and Parent Resource Institute
Cambridge Toastmasters Open House
When: Tuesday, 3 March 2020
Where: Allan Reuter Centre, 507 King Street East, Cambridge, Ontario
After the interview, Peter wrote to us:
I was wondering if it’s possible to add something to the page. It’s that I volunteer at the church I go to called River City church in Cambridge on 15 Wellington street. I volunteer in the toddler town looking after the babies and toddlers. I also bring my guitar there and sing to them.
Download: ckms-community-connections-2020-02-17.mp3 (54.9 MiBytes, 59m59s, episode 40)
- 0m57s: Peter Alexander Lawryniuk — Miracles, a Live, On-Air, In-Studio Performance
- 4m38s: Peter talks about his accident, his recovery, lessons from his mom, getting his Conestoga College ECE Apprentice certificates, working at BrightPath Child Care and volunteering at other organizations.
- 16m45s: Peter Lawryniuk — Olivia, Live In-Studio
- 20m28s: Talking about writing music, singing like Elvis
- 24m25s: Peter Lawryniuk — My Way, Live In-Studio
- 27m32s: Music lessons from Bruce Mutton, spreading happiness, performing at concerts.
- 34m08s: Peter Lawryniuk — Teddy Bear, Live In-Studio
- 36m08s: How Peter got into music, Jan & Dean
- 39m34s: Peter Lawryniuk — Heart And Soul, Live In-Studio
- 41m50s: Bruce Mutton talks about playing music, being a recreation therapist, 15 years of collaboration with Peter. Peter tells us what it’s like to live with a brain injury
- 50m00s: Peter Lawryniuk — Return To Sender, Live In-Studio
- 51m50s: Performance technique, upcoming events, contacting Peter for motivational speaking
- 59m25s: Peter Lawryniuk — You Are My Sunshine, Live In-Studio
CKMS Community Connections Hour One airs on CKMS-FM 102.7 on Monday from 11:00am to Noon, and Hour Two airs on Friday from 2:00pm to 3:00pm.
Got music, spoken word, or other interesting stuff? Let us know at email@example.com or leave a comment on our “About” page.
Subscribe to the CKMS Community Connections podcast!
See all CKMS Community Connections shows!
YouTube: CKMS Community Connections for 17 February 2020
Show notes and podcast interview content is Copyright © 2020 by the participants, and released under a Creative Commons Attribution Only license. Copy, re-use, and deriviatives works are allowed with attribution to Radio Waterloo and a link to this page. Music selections are copyright by the respective rights holders.