Peter Snow and Peter Morey of The Soviet Influence talk to Bob Jonkman about their band, their music, their family, and their gigs.
The interview starts at 4m51s.
- Website: The Soviet Influence
- Twitter: @InfluenceSoviet
- Facebook: The Soviet Influence | Facebook
- Instagram: Peter Snow @thesovietinfluence
- BandCamp: Music | The Soviet Influence
- Spotify: The Soviet Influence – Spotify
Concert Series – Emmanuel United Church
When: Saturday, 29 February 2020 at 7:00pm
Where: Emmanual United Church
Location: 22 Bridgeport Road West, Waterloo, Ontario
Tickets: $20 from The Side Door
Acton Leathertown Festival
When: August 2020
Where: Acton, Ontario
The app for matching bands with venues is Side Door by musicians Laura Simpson and Dan Mangan.
Download: ckms-community-connections-2020-02-24.mp3 (82.4 MiBytes, 59m58s, episode 41)
- 00m35s: The Soviet Influence — Rust, a Live, On-Air, In-Studio Performance!
- 04m51s: Peter Snow and Peter Morey talk about their origins, the band, older albums, recent gigs, performing at Emmanuel United Church, connecting with bands, electric guitar vs. acoustic guitar.
- 13m20s: The Soviet Influence — Secret Spaces, In-Studio
- 16m10s: The Soviet Influence — Secret Spaces from The Price Of Vigilence album
- 19m23s: The history of Secret Spaces, social justice, mixing albums, the sound of The Soviet Influence, how composing happens, creating music on-the-fly.
- 24m26s: The Soviet Influence — The Long Dark Hallway, In-Studio
- 27m30s: Naming the song, improv influences, creativity, music theory, collaborating with the band, explaining This Is The News.
- 35m19s: The Soviet Influence — This Is The News, In-Studio
- 38m04s: Origins of the name The Soviet Influence, naming The Price Of Vigilence and creating the album cover, merchandising (T-shirts!), music and Peter’s kids, the story of Sutures.
- 48m45s: The Soviet Influence — Sutures, In-Studio.
- 53m07s: The different vibe of Sutures, finding a genre for The Soviet Influence, how listening to music influences writing, recapping the gig at Emmanuel United Church, summer gig at the Acton Leathertown Festival.
- 58m12s: The Soviet Influence — Two Weeks, In-Studio