This is the official notification of the Radio Waterloo Annual General Meeting, to be held in 10 days. This is a hybrid meeting, both in-person and online, and open to the public.
What: Radio Waterloo Annual General Meeting
When: 2:00pm to 3:00pm, Sunday, 21 August 2022
Where: CKMS-FM Studio (or just outside, in the hallway)
Location: Unit 114B, 283 Duke Street West, Kitchener, Ontario
For those who can’t attend in person and can’t use Google Meet, a phone number for dialling in to the online meeting will be provided closer to the AGM date.
A complete package with information for the Annual General Meeting is available to members on request. It contains:
- The 2022 AGM Agenda
- 2022 AGM Proxy Form
- 2022 AGM presentation slides
- 2021 AGM minutes (14 August 2021)
- 2021-2022 Financial Statements (2021-2022 Budget)
- 2022-2023 Proposed Budget
- Current Bylaws (approved 14 August 2021)
- Proposed Bylaws (incorporating changes to membership fees)
Printouts will not be provided at the AGM, please bring your own printouts or a device to display the 2022-AGM-Package.pdf (43 pages, approx 1 MByte).
Everyone is invited to attend this meeting. Only members in good standing can vote on motions, or for the election of members to the Board of Directors.
- Welcome (President Nat Persaud):
- Year in Review and Looking Forward.
- Approval of 2021 AGM Minutes.
- Passing revised Bylaws (Dan Kellar, Policy Committee).
- Changing membership fee from $25/year to $2/month (combined with Programming Fees).
- Annual budget for 2022-2023 (Treasurer Andy Nagpal, Finance Committee):
- Financial Statements: 2021-2022 Budget.
- Proposed Budget: 2022-2023 Budget.
- Pass a motion to waive the review engagement.
- A review engagement is a type of engagement that provides a limited level of assurance that a company’s financial statements comply with the applicable financial reporting framework. It gives users limited assurance on the accuracy or correctness of financial statements.
- Election of Board.
- Members’ Forum.
…followed by a brief Special Board Meeting for the newly elected Board members to set the date for the next regular Board meeting.
And then to McCabe’s Irish Pub & Grill for a social get-together! (352 King Street West, Kitchener)
(CKMS-FM Studio at the green marker, McCabe’s Irish Pub & Grill at the red marker)
See you at the AGM!
–Bob Jonkman, Secretary to the Radio Waterloo Board of Directors.